Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Clicking noise at low speeds

I found the rear e brakes were toast inside the rotors. I replaced the shoes/pads, e-brake piston, springs, and the rotor. Clicking went away.
  2. D

mileage display not very bright

No problem. Just fyi, the readout is still just as bright 2 years later.
  3. D

Is this excessive brake dust?

Forgive the crappy spelling of the title. Well, I am wondering if this is normal. I recently replaced both front calipers, discs, pads, brake lines, and driver side bearing assembly. I made sure I greased up the brake pins when re-installing. I notice that both front wheels show a lot more...
  4. D

Clicking noise at low speeds

Hmm, my wifes is doing the same thing.
  5. D

How to: How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

I just changed the driver front bearing assembly yesterday and I bought the pictured box wrench for the job. I tell you what, it saved me LOTS of pain. It was really a straight forward job with no surprises. I will probably do the passenger side in the next month or so, it can't be far from...
  6. D

Power seat quit working! Yay my wife can't drive now!

My wife's did the same thing. It was crappy connector under the driver seat, the little green male connector with 2 wires going into it. I wiggled it and both wires pulled right out, they were broken at the crimp. I re-crimped 2 generic connectors and shoved them back into the female half...
  7. D

Odometer digital readout.

Could be a burnt diode in the cluster. Might try this. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217490
  8. D

I found a solution for an Air bag fault

Well, I had a 33 code on my airbag light. I looked the topic up here and saw some debate to just what a 33 code meant. Some said it was something with the passenger side airbag connector and some said it was with the driver side. Well, it was the little connector under the driver seat. The...
  9. D

what a BAG?

I have the same thing. I never noticed it until I cleaned the engine a few weeks ago. Maybe to keep heat away from the intake?
  10. D

Excessive brake dust from one wheel.

Shims? That could be a problem.
  11. D

Alarm Help (door trigger wire location)

Most likely it is the wire bundle coming from the door boot. The sensor is on the door so the wire comes into the truck there. However, the wires probably do not go down towards the floor but go up into the dash instead. You might have better luck pulling the boot between the door and body...
  12. D

Well, looking at part prices, Looks like replacing it is not to pricey. I might go ahead and replace both.
  13. D

Hmm, interesting.
  14. D

I'm gonna pop the wheel off, just haven't had the time. If a pad was dragging would it not pull to that side?
  15. D

I just came home from a road trip. It was about 700mi each way and about 350mi into it I noticed heavy brake dust on my passenger front wheel. The rest of the wheels looked good. There was no pulling that would indicate a stuck caliper. It did not pull while driving nor did it pull while...
  16. D

Odometer 2002 XLT

I fixed mine. Here is my post. That was a year ago and no further problems. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217490
  17. D

Looking for info on a repair for a cluster odometer instrument panel

I re soldered mine last year and it works great since then. Here's my post about it. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217490
  18. D

question for those who have replaced rear springs/shocks themselves

I paid Sears automotive 25 dollars for each strut in labor. They cursed the day they took on that job. They said the rears were a PITA to get off the truck because the rear control arm was in the way. MAybe they were doing it the hard way...who knows.
  19. D

Manually unlocking door or someway to pop hood from outside

As a last resort I have done this for my neighbor's Explorer. It was dead with the keys locked inside. I got underneath it and attached my battery charger to the positive lead going to the starter and you can attach the ground to any ground point. The positive lead back-feeds the entire...
  20. D

Struts 05 XLT 4WD 4DR 6 cyl 99K

I just had Sears do mine. They charged 500 for the Monroe Sensa Track struts and only 100 for the labor. They had a 1/2 off labor sale last month, 25 for each strut. They were cursing my name trying to remove the rears...25 a strut was a bargain if you ask me. Not worth my time for that...
  21. D

2002 explorer A/C won't trun to Max Air correctly, HELP

Mine did that 2 years ago while we were visiting Florida. It was 102 outside and we were sweating our butts off with the AC on. I had an extended warranty and dropped it off at a local dealer. Turns out it was a outside recirculation door actuator that needed replaced. The AC had to be...
  22. D

Can't read Odometer

I fixed mine. Here is my post. That was almost a year ago and no further problems. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217490
  23. D

Cold start up - Puff of Blue Smoke

I believe that it is oil getting into the combustion chamber. My opinion is worn piston rings. Probably burning oil while running but it is not noticeable.
  24. D

110,000 miles original fuel filter

Changed my fuel filter (er...had it changed) for the first time with 94,000 mi. It smoothed out the motor a great deal. What a big difference in acceleration as well.
  25. D

Front strut change.

Struts??? New??? That would be cheap. I believe the Reflexes are stiffer than the Sensa-trak. I could be wrong. My friend uses them on his Chevy 4x4 truck.
Back