Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

will this brush guard work?? 4 a 95 Explorer

Keep looking on ebay, but try to get a go rhino, I got a 3333 on there used for my 01 4door, easy install and only 100 bucks and I picked up a NOS go rhino for my brothers 97 it was the older model, it was still good not as nice as the 3333 model, but for 30 bucks it was well worth it.
  2. J

reprogramming keyless entry

2nd code will be lost The 2nd code gets wiped when the battery is disconnected for an extended period, 20 min was just not long enough, I had to reprogram my 2nd code abfter having some engine work and the battery was disconnected for well over a week.
  3. J

Mountaineer 1997 AWD not working

My uncle had a simlar prob with his 97 Merc and it ended up being a prob with the shaft, somthing like the teeth were broke off, not sure but i'll check with him
  4. J

Has anyone else experienced extreme oil sludge in their 5.0?

Its back and running better than ever, gibson cat back is installed and sounding great. Sicking with the Motorcraft 820S and the Motorcraft 5W20 Synthblend
  5. J

Broken hood release

Got it fixed, my buddy who is a Ford dealer mechanic, put it up on his lift and squirted the heck out of it with WD-40, works great.
  6. J

Broken hood release

The hood release on my 2001 isn't working, the cabe might be broken or jammed, is there a easy way to manually release the hood? Saturday its going on the lift regardless, just seeing if anyone else has had this problem.
  7. J

I never went longer than 4k between changes, its hard to find 5-20 from a good brand, and the motorcraft synth blend isn't much more than conventional. How long do the guys using amsoil go between filter and total oil changes? does amsoil cary 5w20? from the caking in the valvecovers I think...
  8. J

I have a 2001 xlt sport 5.0 with 82k that i've had since its has 45k, when i first got it I used kendrall synth blend for 2 changes then switched to motorcraft synth blend and motorcraft 820s filter. Since I got it 3 years ago there has been low oil pressure when it starts then suddenly it...
  9. J

Por-15

you might want to try KBS coatings, they stand behind their stuff better than POR
  10. J

-Your Explorer-

1- 2001 XLT Sport 4Door v8Awd, 16in fact alloy, leather, moon roof, mach audio w/ 6 cd changer 2- 17K (6/04) 3- 45,000 4- 82,000 1-2000 Sport 2door premium package 4.0sohc, 16in fact alloys, cloth, autolamp, moonroof, 5spd auto with the upgraded valves under warranty(shifted so smooth that...
  11. J

2001-2002 explorer sports

The 98-2000 seem to be the most popular of the sport style and that might be because in 01 they changed the looks a little and they lowered the roof so there is less room for guys 6'4" and taller like in the 2000 and earlier models.
  12. J

Which O2 Sensor to Replace??? CEL Code P0133

I had a similar code popping up on my 2001 5.0 and my neighbor who is a ford mechanic took it to work to check the code, it turned out the cat was bad and was replaced under warranty.
  13. J

Keyless Entry Q

should be on a plastic card in the owners manual binder
  14. J

Battery Died temporarily, now working fine...

Had the same problem, would be great for months then dead, jump it and it would be fine for months, did all the corrosion and water level, got fed up and put in a optima yellow top, found a guy near me that has a uncle that works for optima and got the yellowtop for $100, its over a year and no...
  15. J

New Member, 2 2001 XLT Questions

Look in the compartment where the jack is stowed, I think all explorers from 98-2001 had plug in tow wiring that you just gut under the back and pull out a rubber plug and plug in the harness and bolt on the harness mount to the bumper, check your owners manual, it should show it. 2001 XLT...
  16. J

V8 5.0 Oil Pressure woes..

I also had a 2000 2door sport with the premium package and the 4.0SOHC, inthe premium package had the platinum flairs, the 1998-2001 4 door sports were 6 or 8 cyl and had the platinum flairs and 16inch allow wheels, basically the new style EB flairs in platinum instead if gold for the EB or...
  17. J

V8 5.0 Oil Pressure woes..

Just watch out it may be a low oil problem, for the longest time my friend who is a ford dealer mechanic said it was just the sending unit, but not I had him check it again and now there is a pressure drop. I have 82K on my 2001 XLT Sport AWD, always use motorcraft 820S filter and motorcraft...
Back