Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

2010 XLT - Airbag Light, No Steering Wheel Controls, Horn still works

Thanks for responding. I was wrong, my scanner is a CenTech 60794 from Harbor Freight, not Innova... An update: During the past month, when I would turn the steering wheel, the switch backlights would flicker. And, finally, they have cut out all together, along with the horn. If I do...
  2. S

2010 XLT - Airbag Light, No Steering Wheel Controls, Horn still works

I have found several posts discussing these types of issues, but I don't think I've found this particular combination of symptoms: (1) the cruise (left side) switches don't work; (2) the media/voice (right side) switches don't work; (3) the airbag light is on (solid, no blinking); (4) no...
  3. S

Reverse Sensing System (RSS) Issue

Update on my RSS::: I took the dive following the lead of another post I found on one of the various RSS threads, and bought a sensor, one sensor. It's like the lottery (it might be the control unit or something else), but if you get one on ebay (got mine delivered for about $50), its not as...
  4. S

occasional clunk when driving/stopping

abs sounds like a good lead what you described above is it -- easy braking, not usually a clunk, hard braking, definite clunk. what in the ABS system would be responsible -- is it a computer chip or mechanical???? hmmm...
  5. S

occasional clunk when driving/stopping

same deal, 02 XLT anybody find out other possible solutions? this clunk has been going on for a while, but i just assumed it was the tranny, and didn't have the capital to invest in that b!+c#. so far it sounds like the yoke or a faulty shock, right?
  6. S

Reverse Sensing System Problem

rss woes... there are a bunch of posts with the same issues with RSS on here... no solve all solutions yet it would appear... have you had success fixing yours yet? (2002 XLT)
  7. S

Reverse Sensing System (RSS) Issue

SAME ISSUE again.... any solutions for the RSS??? So I am glad (I guess) to find that I am not the only one with this issue, but it really is kind of a pisser that there isn't a solution short of spending an a$$-load to take it to the dealership... The recommended post on the prior post...
  8. S

2002 Explorer - rear heat/ac bangs

WOW! I'm not the only one... This has been happening for a while in my '02 XLT... I have just shut off the rear air all together for a while because I got the same deal about the cost. Can you let me know where you got your part and the part number? Also, any suggestions about how to...
Back