Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Jardine/Doug Thorley Cat back anyone???

On that note, no, that is NOT the setup I installed, although it is essentially identical, with the exception of the muffler. My muffler was a dual inlet single outlet.
  2. S

That is what I installed. So far everything is still holding up well. It looks like the pipe inside the chrome tip is starting to get rusty, but other than that no complaints.
  3. S

Intake Manifold Replacement

I don't recall needing to get anything from under/behind. Once you get all the lower intake bolts loose, that's it. You'll have to pull the upper intake first of course, but there's nothing from the rear on those either. There is a variety of vacuum lines and the such... Oh wait...Fuel...
  4. S

Is my mounty a parts car?

Hell yes! You should be able to get at minimum $1k for it. If not for somebodys DD, maybe a first car, winter truck, or offroad toy. Anything that's 4WD, running good, and drives good is worth $1k in my book and many others.
  5. S

Intake Manifold Replacement

It's pretty simple. Label your wires, hoses, etc. What are you changing it out to? I assume an aftermarket like Edelbrock, Holley, Trick Flow, etc... I'd plan on about 4-6 hours if you take things nice and slow. You will need to at least drain down your coolant, but you may as well drain...
  6. S

m5od-r1 problem, please help

Pull the shifter out and see if your bushings took a dump. that's a quick and easy start.
  7. S

High Mileage Maintenance.

Sounds like you're in good shape already. I think your air filter replacement frequency is a bit much. What kind of conditions are you usually driving in? You might consider a K&N for the kind of dough you spend getting new filters all the time... It might be a good idea to check wheel...
  8. S

4R70W Parts & Procedures

Oh come on, somebody has to have some knowledgable advice...
  9. S

4R70W Parts & Procedures

I've searched, read stickies, checked other sites, etc. and am still not sure what my plan should be. There's a variety of shift kit options : Baumann (sp?) Trans-Go B&M Fairbanks Trans Action (ford-aode.com) I've heard good things about the Trans-Go and Baumann, but nothing on the...
  10. S

No keys? No problem!

I'm going to do that as well. Just had yet to do it. For some reason my drivers side door lock didn't want to work last night...It was fine yesterday morning and when I left work...Grrr...more crap...
  11. S

No keys? No problem!

Yeah, somebody else had pointed that out to me, but you wouldn't see it or think about it unless you were looking. I think I may change mine as well. Problem is that I'd want to carry the proper tool with me, just in case...
  12. S

No keys? No problem!

I do to, I just failed to look at the box for the code for the past year and a half. :banghead:
  13. S

No keys? No problem!

Eh...Who owns those old junkers anyways... :p:
  14. S

No keys? No problem!

Just remove the license plate light on the rear gate, reach in with your finger and push up on/down (can't remember now) and you're in like Flynn! Locked my keys in the Mounty, and after trying coat hangers, reaching through the handle, rear glass, around the rear wiper, etc. I popped the light...
  15. S

Loud roaring under hood while accelerating

Sounds like the fan clutch to me. Occasionally they stay "locked" during initial takeoff and then "unlock" as speed increases. If it's an intermittent thing, then I wouldn't get all uptight about it, but if it "locks" and stays locked, then there may be some issues.
  16. S

Well I will dig up my post since I never finished it. I bought and installed the exhaust about this time last year. It's pretty quiet. Has some slight interior and exterior noise, but not much at all. Nothing like what a Flowmaster would give you. Fitment was not real great and had to...
  17. S

Anybody run one? I just picked up a brand new setup on the bay for less than $200 to replace the rotted apart MAC on the Mounty. Just curious if anybody knows how it will sound. If it sounds like a$& I could always cut the muffler out...
  18. S

Aftermarket radio with steering controls?

I just don't really feel like hassling with it. I may though. I may also pick up another factory stereo for next to nothing. We'll see. Thanks for the info though. I may do it if I change my mind.
  19. S

2row vs 4 row radiator

Well since price was comparable, I probably would have went MC too. One of our suppliers here at work contracts stuff here in the US and has his business partner in China do the machining. We get some rather quality parts for dirt cheap. I know it reduces the US labor force, but it also keeps...
  20. S

Yes, factory display quit. I like to upgrade anyways as you get more adjustability from an aftermarket and having pre-outs is always nice.
  21. S

2row vs 4 row radiator

If the replacement had/has a warranty on it, I would think you could get a replacement for free. You could also try to get them to pay for the radiator since their failure resulted in the radiator being destroyed. If the Motorcraft one craps out, I think you have other issues. I just hope you...
  22. S

Heads Up! LMC catalogue now available for explorer!

Just ordered my catalog! LMC is a good source for stuff. I reference NPD and LMC on a regular basis.
  23. S

If you have a wired remote radio, which most are these days, at least the $150+ range, it's super easy. If not, you have to install a transponder thing in the line of site of the radio. I'm thinking the kleenex area would be a good location. I'm just going to buy a newer pioneer and the kit...
  24. S

Headers othan than TM'S???

I understand and for what you get I think the price is probably fair, but I can't justify the cost at the moment. Maybe one of these days I'll break down and bite the bullet, but until then I'm going to continue to be a tight as&. I suspect that later I'll realize I was being a dumb as&. LOL...
  25. S

Headers othan than TM'S???

Yeah, I'm not real inclined to spend $724 on a set of headers. I think I'll fab something up before I spend that. They look like great headers, and I've heard good things, but I can't justify that price tag.
Back