Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Passenger side blowing warm a/c air?

I had the same problem earlier this summer, but as I reported in another thread, a can of R134 did the trick. Don't know why but my Ex blows cold on all vents now.
  2. D

DPFE sensor - can't pull it out, any trick ?

glad to know you got it out. There was an esay way described here in the forum: Grasp the unit and then TWIST and PULL. The rubber hoses attached to the the stainless lines should come out easily.
  3. D

EGR Insufficient Flow Check Engine Light

cmt08: You can use "seach" to get the information you need from previous posts. Here is one: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147636&highlight=DFPE+sensor As I mentioned above, it's most likely to be the DFPE sensor. Good luck.
  4. D

EGR Insufficient Flow Check Engine Light

My 02 XLT service engine light came up a few weeks ago. Went to autozone and got code p0402. Did some study here and learned it was most likely to be the DFPE sensor. Replaced with new one from autozone ($26.xx). Took about 15 seconds to do it. Disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to reset...
  5. D

AC only cold on half the vents

I bought an Interdynamics refill kit (comes with gauge and a can of freon) at Walmart and found the pressure was low. Refilled the a/c and now it is blowing cold air from all vents.
  6. D

Flash041 -- did you check the low-end pressure before and after the recharge? if so, what was the pressure level?
  7. D

Drewstang, Did you take yours to the shop? What did they say?
  8. D

02 window regulator replacement:help:

The window regulator (rear passenger side) of my 02 explorer went out a few days ago. Some plastic part was broken. Tried to find the regulator in local auto stores but no one had it. Had to go with the dealer, but they only had the whole assembly with both regulator and motor. Charged me...
  9. D

Still searching for answers. As I mentioned in previous posting, some one in another in another thread thought that it might the fresh air door coming loose and falling on top of the blower motor. I am still trying to find out where the fresh air door is located. Any ideas?
  10. D

AC Problems

Started the car and checked the pressure. Did not pay attention to RPM. Shall I make sure that RPM is around 2000 to have a good read of the pressure? Yes, the rear a/c is okay blowing cold air. The vents on the driver's side blow cold air, too. It's just the two vents on the passenger's...
  11. D

Seems that I have a similar problem with my 02 XLT -- Passenger side vents have much warmer air than the the passenger side's vents when a/c is on. a/c low pressure is fine (at 38 in the blue area). WHat could cause the problem? How to fix it? If the reason us that the fresh air door came...
  12. D

AC Problems

Problem with my 02 XLT -- Passenger side vents have much warmer air than the vents on the passenger side when a/c is on. What could cause the problem? How to fix it? Checked the a/c pressure (low pressure end) and I think it's fine (at 38).
  13. D

AC Problems

Same problem with my 02 XLT -- Passenger side vents have much warmer air than the vents on the passenger side when a/c is on. WHat could cause the problem? How to fix it?
  14. D

uneven air temperatures from A/C vents

Summer is already here in Texas and it's time to use A/C. Just noticed today that my 02' Explorer XLT has uneven air tempeatures: air coming from the vents on the passenger sid is much much warmer than the air coming out the vents on the driver's side. Any ideas what may have caused this and...
  15. D

02-05's Center Row Seats Recline??

I was also wondering if there is an easy mod to make the second row seats to recline. Dan -- let us know if the trimming works. You may also want to check out the info and pictures in this thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168446&highlight=reclining+seat
  16. D

2002 transmission PCM update available

I have a 2002 XLT V6, which has this hard upshifting issue. I wonder if this PCM reprogramming/updating would apply to V6? Jax02Ex -- is yours a V8 or V6?
  17. D

2002 transmission PCM update available

nascar_intimid - Is yours V6 or V8?
  18. D

reclining passenage seat

Has any one tried to make the sececond row seats in 2002/2003 Explorer to receline? Any one knows a way or answer to the volkl's questions?
  19. D

stumble on acceleration

My 02 ex stumbles every time during light acceleration around 20 mph. It feels like I hit the brake for a second. At the same time, the RPMs go down from 2500 to around 1500. After that it smooths out, runs and shifts fine. The idle is also fine. I've replaced the plugs and wires, fuel...
  20. D

Stumble on acceleration

any thoughts about this? I have exactly the same issue. Changed spark plugs and fuel filter, cleaned MAF and IAC and throttle body. It still stumbles around 20 mph and the RPMs go from 2500 to 1500 for a couple seconds. After that, everything is okay and it runs and shifts smooth.
  21. D

How to disconnect the rear A/C blend door actuator?

One minute temporary 'fix' I finally replaced the rear a/c blend door actuator on my '02 XLT. Got the new actuator from O'Reiley for $33.99. Took about 1 hour and half to do it. During the process, I tried to find out the answer to my own question -- is there an easy fix (even just...
  22. D

2002 Explorer 4.6L Dying at Idle

Don't if this will work, but you can try disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes to re-set the computer.
  23. D

No, I have not taken off the rear side panel yet. That picture was from another web site. It's not mine. I do not want to put that much effort to take off all the panels. Just trying to see if there is an easy way to disconnect the wiring from the cup holder hold (as you can reach those...
  24. D

My 02 Explorer with rear A/C has this infamous clicking noise in the back caused by the failed heater blend door actuator. I really don't need hot air in the back. Is there any easy way to disconnect the wiring to it? I pulled out the cover of the door lock switch above the rear blend door...
  25. D

Rear Blend Door Actuators, '02 Explorer XLT

sfbayjay, Thanks for the post, which really helps. I have the same clicking problem caused by the failed heater blend motor. I do not want to replace the blend actuator as it may fail again. I just want to disconnect the wiring for the heater blend actuator, as I really do not need the...
Back