Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

1996 4.0 Alternator

Bump
  2. J

1996 4.0 Alternator

I'm not sure whether or not I have the 95A or the 130A, but if I have the 95A can I swap it with a 130A?
  3. J

can I get away with no muffler?

I haven't had a muffler for over a year. No cop trouble yet, knock on wood. Just depends on how strict the cops are in your area.
  4. J

Deleting the muffler

A straight pipe will definately do the trick. Drive it like you stole it!
  5. J

Deleting the muffler

Yeah man no problem. Just know that you can only get so much of a real power sound out of a V6. Don't set your expectations to high.
  6. J

Deleting the muffler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgRmPWWkY3Y That should work.
  7. J

Deleting the muffler

My truck is straight piped. The link in my sig will take you to my registry and my vid should be up there. It's old though, now i have one of my cats removed too. Makes it pop a lot more.
  8. J

Deleting the cat

I have the 4.0 OHV and have one of the cats removed. Makes it a lot louder. Does throw a CEL but there is an o2 simulator thing you can buy that will fool the computer into thinking the cat is still there. I don't have it but i know it's out there. Or you could go the route of just taking the...
  9. J

20 inch rims that don't look gangster

But to have rockstars, you would have to have money like you are actually selling. :D Those rims are super expensive. They make BFG AT's in a kinda low profile. A 33 inch tire looks good wrapped around an 18 inch rim.
  10. J

supercharged 5.0 true fire 98 explorer sport

Why dont you get insurance to cover the windshield? I was at school one day about a year ago and where I parked my truck was on the end of a row of cars. Well while one of the landscapers were cutting grass near my truck they shot a rock through my back drivers side window and it cracked my...
  11. J

1996 4.0 OHV Bad Misfire

Problem solved, for now. Plug #4 was the culprit. Swapped it out for a cheapo and it ran fine. Now to get some Motorcraft plugs and do the full change.
  12. J

1996 4.0 OHV Bad Misfire

Alright i'll check it out.
  13. J

1996 4.0 OHV Bad Misfire

I'll go look right now. Is it just tubes coming out of the manifold or will they be coming off of a part?
  14. J

1996 4.0 OHV Bad Misfire

Where is the vacuum T? I checked all the vac lines and they all seem good.
  15. J

1996 4.0 OHV Bad Misfire

Hey guys. My truck has developed one hell of a misfire. I haven't scanned for codes yet but I have checked the plug wires for signs of arching and couldn't find anything. A vacuum leak could cause a misfire right? I do hear a loud hissing noise so thats what makes me think it could be a vacuum...
  16. J

Rollin' on 35's

I have 3.73's. I'd probably step up to 4.56's if i did 35's.
  17. J

Rollin' on 35's

I think I could squeeze 35's with a little cutting. Gears would definately be after that though. Does the 4.0 struggle with the 35's? Do you have 4.10's or 3.73's?
  18. J

Rollin' on 35's

So you have TT, shackles, 3''BL? Add-a-leaf? I wanna do 35's bad.
  19. J

Rollin' on 35's

You didn't have to cut at all? Looks good.
  20. J

Video of Explorer I came across.

I don't understand the brand stuff either. There's a McDonalds one around here too, along with a skittles, m&m, and something else. :dunno:
  21. J

3"bl kit

Far left piece is for the e-brake cable. Middle pieces are for lowering the radiator. Not sure what the piece on the right is for though.
  22. J

peace muffler!

The exhaust shop that i go to has hollowed out glasspacks that you can buy. Its just like running a straight pipe but it looks like you have a muffler to pass inspection.
  23. J

peace muffler!

Yes you can run straight pipes, no problem. And yes it will be illegal.
  24. J

Will these 20" Expedition Rims fit on my 98 Explorer 2wd?

The people i've seen on here with them got them off of ebay. Not many of them show up though and they are pricey so just keep checking.
  25. J

Will these 20" Expedition Rims fit on my 98 Explorer 2wd?

You can get some OEM 20's off of a newer model explorer.
Back