Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Which Autolite spark plugs to get

I never have any luck but with motorcraft. That's what it was designed for and that's what I stick with never had an issue.
  2. C

Slow Fuel Fill Problem -2002 Explorer.

I have seen in other threads that the filler hose on the car goes bad a kinks at the tank. I would start there.
  3. C

New brakes

I put the Hawk LTS on my 05X and Im not real happy with them. The stop great but alot of dust and noise. I have about 5000 miles on them and I am thinking of trashing them. They are bad enough the wife evan noticed. (and yes new disk all the way around)
  4. C

difficult to insert ignition key

They did for the stang
  5. C

changing fuel filter

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198626
  6. C

difficult to insert ignition key

There is a little tab in the cylinder that makes the dinger sound when you leave you key in the ignition. It gets worn and starts jam up against the key. Change the cylinder now. If it breaks off and gets stuck down inside it is a major pain to change the cylinder. Just had it happen to my...
  7. C

2002 ford explorer 4.0 starting problems

I would start with the pump relay or fuel filter. The pressure will not come down till you start or bleed off the pressure in that short of time
  8. C

Let's Talk Synthetic Motor Oil

No joke and did the research in a forum.
  9. C

Questions about rough idle, and ODB2 system.

Is this when your idel issue started. Maby something is loose.
  10. C

Goto this site http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/mwtb.htm Go to the 2 pics next to item 2. The round disk in the center that opens and closes is the butterfly
  11. C

what aftermarket extended warranty to buy?

Bad thing is most only cover to 100K so make sure they will do more
  12. C

Sorry but for 4.6 I would not use anything but Motorcraft plugs. The 4.0 is not picky but the V8's only like OEM
  13. C

Here is what I would do and if it dont work it will only help with MPG. 1) Clean the intake around the butterfly with carb cleaner. Do it a couple of times after driving around the block. 2) They have a cleaner for the MAF sensor. Get it and clean the sensor. 3) Pull the EGR valve and...
  14. C

Rear Mirror Auto Dimmer

On the bottom of the mirrior you will see a sensor just shine a flashlight on it and you should see it turn glass turn green but I have found out that with tinted windows you dont see it work much
  15. C

Miles Per Gallon?????

My 05 4.0 I get 18+ city and 20+ highway at 70mph. I expect better HWY since I just changed the fuel filter and it was OEM. You should have seen the trash that come out. It looked like roof tar. No I am not the original owner. I just purchased not long ago. Due to a lost job it took me some...
  16. C

autodim mirror

Mine did not I hackede the end off and spliced it in
  17. C

Which battery to buy for 04 XLT 4.0?

Autozone does great and has a great warrenty. Had to change 3 of them in my 95x since 1998 and only paid for the first one. It was an 8 year warrenty
  18. C

autodim mirror

There are some here do a search but they do not give details. I just used a wiring manual for my 05 X to find the wires needed.
  19. C

adding a selection to the stock fogs switch (3rd gen)

Does it stay hot when you go to highbeems mine shut off I would rather stay on
  20. C

autodim mirror

I bought mine from ebay and installed it. Not all the wiring is under the head liner if you do not have one already but its not hard to find what is needed in the drivers piller I dont know about that model with compass I just did the dimming
  21. C

Tuning Up A New(er) Vehicle

This should help for the tranny http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118654 No issue between SYN and regular oil. You can mix but why. SYN you can leave in longer. I use regular Casteroil GTX. I change it exery 5000. I only use this I do not buy another brand just because...
  22. C

Tuning Up A New(er) Vehicle

If it was done by Ford try here it is free. I created a log in andentered my vin and what work was done was in there. You can also enter the work you done for future review. https://www.flmowner.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/LogOnPage&BackToLogin=Owner%2FPage%2FHomePage You...
  23. C

2004 XLT Window Electrical Issues

try unhooking the battery. I seen issues with this in F150 site and it worked for some. It resets the PATS unit. It seems to controll everything.
  24. C

How many miles before i should do my brakes? What brand to use?

I just put Hawk LTS on mine. They seem to be the same feel as OEM I have not drove it enough to say anything about dusting. I do like them more than top shelf NAPA that I have one my Expedition.
  25. C

2002 tps

Try this first the mass air flow sensor is down by the airfilter. Un plug it and see it it runs. if it does then most likely that your proplem but it sounds like you di not put the tps in right. there is a slot inside it should line up with on the shaft. check the tps first
Back