Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. SnTx4

The Black Hole

Sorry as well.
  2. SnTx4

Helpful thread, for squeak, squeal, chirp noise from V8 and OHV v6 engine compartment

Just did mine yesterday. After all the threads on the synchronizer and how to's( Tdc, line the flag up, and any other concern, I was a. tad nervous about it. All I can say for anyone else wondering, what an easy job don't sweat it. It all makes sense when you get going and look at it. Btw, its...
  3. SnTx4

Finally got it lifted (pic)

I agree w/ everyone else. Looks great!
  4. SnTx4

Would you fight this speeding Ticket?

Wow, so not right. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I myself just got a ticket last night, 42 in a 25 mph, I was going to look today for signs. I know I was speeding but I thought it was 35 zone. Thought it might be worth trying to get it reduced. Maybe I'll just pay it and leave well enough alone.
  5. SnTx4

The splash guards in the engine compartment

Or make your own. Buy some 1/8" thick rubber sheeting from the home improvement store.
  6. SnTx4

Cel on again po430

Alright, looks like that did the trick. Gone about 400 miles and no CEL.
  7. SnTx4

02 sensor changed light wont shut off!!!!!!!!

Did you unhook your battery? You need to disconnect the battery to reset the computer. If the CEL comes back, have your vechicle scanned for new codes.
  8. SnTx4

New Tires / GearBox Adjustment

You can take it to a dealer or another shop, and they can reprogram for the different size tires
  9. SnTx4

Cel on again po430

Replaced upstream 02 today, guess we'll see what happens.
  10. SnTx4

My 97 Exploder Pre-runneresk Project...

Yep, good job. The more I look at it, the more I dig the fenders.
  11. SnTx4

Cel on again po430

Thanks. I ordered one for less than 30, should be here tomorrow. It would be nice if that does the trick. I only have 125k, I know its possible for the cats to be bad, just wouldn't think so.
  12. SnTx4

Cel on again po430

Ok, CEL is on again. Code po430. The light will stay on for weeks and then go out for weeks. As a shot I thought I'd try an o2 sensor. When I search and read some posts, some say just replace cats, or replace upstream, or replace downstream. So just wondering which sensor to start with. I don't...
  13. SnTx4

toypaseo

Great to deal with. The packing was great, I would no doubt buy from him again. Thanks Kent.
  14. SnTx4

Clunking noise over bumps

I 2nd the sway bar body mounts. Getting ready to replace mine as well.
  15. SnTx4

My new ride, my first Ford...

Looks good. The wheels look excellent on it. Enjoy the new ride.
  16. SnTx4

Tire Cupping

My fronts wear on the outside edge, always.( 98 Awd) I do know once a tire starts a wear pattern it will continue to wear that way. So if your fronts are wearing, even if rotated to the rear its still going to continue. I think the Awd are just harder on front tires. But cupping alone is usually...
  17. SnTx4

New and Excited Explorer owner!

I'm betting lifted.
  18. SnTx4

The Black Hole

Man what a great journey starting at page 1. Your rig looks great and I'm sure any and all upgrades will have the same outcome, wow factor. I guess I now know who lives close enough to pester when I have issues of my own.
  19. SnTx4

got it out of storage & did a few things to get ready for winter (got a few ?'s)

Rear shocks, lower your spare and get it out of the way. Just reach up w/ your wrench. I find the rears much easier than the front. So from my point of view, you've got the shocks whipped.
  20. SnTx4

Gangsta lean after swapping leafs.

The shocks won't level it out, it will still lean. If you use any type of overload spring that you can adjust you can. I use a Hellwig, add a leaf, I carry a lot of weight in back, I was able to adjust to not have the lean. But sounds like new springs would be the best route.
  21. SnTx4

Add a leaf and helper leaf

Looking at getting wheels and doing TT. I don't really like the look of the long shackles in the rear. Right now I use a Hellwig helper leaf, gained alittle over an inch, I deliver news papers and the helpers keep it pretty level when loaded. If I do the add a leaf can you still use the helper leaf.
  22. SnTx4

Auto 4wd question

Well I feel like a dolt, guess I should get more sleep. The auto button is for switching out of 4H/ L . Geez, buy'em books and buy'em books.
  23. SnTx4

Auto 4wd question

Just messing with the buttons on my wifes 10 Explorer. (I know, I know leave the buttons alone) Just wondered if default is Auto, I assume it is. But when I push the Auto button, nothing lights up saying on or off. I do get the lights on 4wd high/low. So in short if Auto is default what is the...
  24. SnTx4

Ford Explorer less than stellar reputation

I've had my Ex since 54k, now has 125k. The only parts on the frt end that's been replaced are the ball joints. I don't think that's to bad at all. As with the growling, I think that's normal on the Awd, mine does it as well. I believe it has to with front diff, mine only does it at low speeds...
  25. SnTx4

Pin Stripping No More

Also painted the grill and the door pillars.
Back