Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

03 Explorer stuck on heat

This is sadly a common problem. The fix is stickied here: How to: - Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.
  2. D

Door key lock doesn’t work

I’m in the middle of this. Removed door panel and peeled back the foam insulation. I see the hook and missing e clip. But how do you get to it? The door has tiny cutouts in the interior sheet metal. Your pictures look like bigger holes. Do I need to remove the lock from the outside? Edit...
  3. D

Door key lock doesn’t work

This just happened to me. Did you have to replace the lock itself or just install a new eclip and connect the rod?
  4. D

How to: How To: Remove/Replace 3rd Gen Door Panel

I need to replace a faulty door lock actuator. These instructions were super clear about taking off the door panel - thanks! But as a repair novice, what do I do about the foam noise panel on the inside? Can I carefully remove it and reglue it back on?
  5. D

coolant loss

2nd the recommendation on the thermostat assembly. I had one replaced and the replacement only lasted a year.
  6. D

Driver Seat Removal

Thanks guys!
  7. D

Driver Seat Removal

Just to be clear, I don't have to worry about disconnecting the battery because of the air bag?
  8. D

How to: Replace Front Blend Door Actuator in 3rd Gen Ex.

BigRondo, thanks for the pictures. I knew about the earlier thread, but without your clear directions I couldn't have done it. I'm not too mechanically inclined and it took me most of the day on my 2005 Ex. Here are things I had to do with mine. 1) The old actuator simply would not come...
  9. D

3rd gen Explorer Blend Door Actuator Replacement

Dorman part for 2005 What is the difference between Dorman part #604207 and #604209? 209 is for manual AC control and 207 for automatic AC controls. So I guess my real question is what's the difference between manual and automatic? Is automatic the kind where you program in the desired...
  10. D

need tires on a budget

Do NOT buy the Toyo Open Country HT for your Explorer. Our '05 came with BFG Rugged Trails, which wore out after 42000 miles. I bought the HTs because they were cheaper. Their traction is so bad, however, that it made an immediate negative difference to the handling. The auto 4x4 was...
  11. D

TOYO Open Country HT

:thumbdwn:I just came across this thread and DO NOT recommend Toyo HTs. I have an '05 with 17" rims. HTs are only good for dry highway usage. They are quiet and have a smooth ride at highway speeds. But these qualities can not compensate for the HT's awful wet traction and stiffness at...
  12. D

drivers seat woes

I have the same problem on my '05 with 82K miles. Left side of the seat is almost collapsed. Will look around the rest of this site for tips on fixing.
  13. D

Opinions on tires for Explorer

Toyo Open country H/T I was going to start a thread, but will post here on my experience with Toyo Open Country HT. I have an '05 XLT Sport with 245/65R17 tires. I replaced my BFG Rugged Trails at 42000 miles and now have 25000 miles with the Open Countrys. My experience is mixed. They...
  14. D

Dead whilst driving

Alternator? There's a thread on here about premature alternator failure.
  15. D

tire question

The bfg's on my '05 XLT (17" rims) wore out after 42K. I replaced them with Toyo OpenCountry H/T's. These are for highway driving. They are quieter than the rugged trails at highway speeds. In fact we drive faster than ever because there is less noise. Now the only noise is from our axle...
  16. D

Battery light on acceleration

I had this same problem with my '05. 54K miles on it. I had the extended warranty and they replaced the alternator. I figured I should join the site if it already helped me with a problem.:thumbsup:
Back