Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

T\C Sticking on - Need Help

yes i did fix it with not much help i might ad . it was the torque convertor solenoid i bought a new valve body then took those solenoids out put them in my truck and it ran fine 20,000 miles still ticking it has 6 solenoids in it i belive
  2. B

ok hmm, i heard if you shift into first gear it should not lock and i tried this with no luck my tranny fluid was pretty black how prone to clogging are these solenoids ? thanks
  3. B

Engine stalls when put in DRIVE!

thank you
  4. B

? if it was the harness why would i be able to drive in 4 low i can get going and put it in neutral then 2 high drives fine but the shift from 3 to 4 is rough i took all the solenoids out tested them with my meter and they were all in range put them back in and same thing acually slow...
  5. B

isolated hmm my only idea is to replace the solenoids i took them out and tesed for a circut they were good and read pretty close on ohms.. i put them back in new fluid and filter and nothing same thing thanks for your help .
  6. B

ok guys im new to this thread i need some help if you could i got a 00 explorer 4.0 4x4 with 120,000 miles i recently bought. my problem is when put in drive it will stall out violently but when put in reverse it will work, i got this truck to move in 4 low a few times after slamming it in...
  7. B

?? ok ..
  8. B

i need some 5r55e info

help same issue ok guys im new to this and i need some help if you could i got a 00 explorer 4.0 4x4 with 120,000 miles i recently bought. my problem is when put in drive it will stall out violently but when put in reverse it will work, i got this truck to move in 4 low a few times after...
  9. B

change solenoid ? should i change all solenoids going bad ijn the tranny , isnt that all the sensors in the tranny? should i check relays i got 15 days to get this sucker on the road thanks . i cleared the codes got it to drive and got this code po320 ignition / dist engine speed...
  10. B

5r55w and 5r55s Solenoids.. Are they the same?

stalls when put in drive ok guys im new to this but not new to working on trucks i need some help if you could i got a 00 explorer 4.0 4x4 with 120,000 miles i recently bought. my problem is when put in drive it will stall out violently but when put in reverse it will work, i got this...
  11. B

engine stalls in drive ok i got some codes off my truck i need some help guys po708 trans. range sensor input high po743 torque convertor circut malfuntion po755 shift solenoid b, c , d malfunction please help guys ..
  12. B

help can some one tell me the function of the torque convertor soleniod and its location ???? any idea :(
  13. B

worn seals on what? it doesnt leak anything i am going to check the solenoid for the tcc and the mass air sensor what i really need is a code reader to tell me whats going on but no chance of that, the vechile isnt registered so ..
  14. B

well pretty much you gota give it a lot of gas and slam it in drive i only can get it to acually move in 4x4 when it does get going its ok but when you get down to about 5 mph the whole truck will shutter very bad and if you stop it will stall. but the truck will only move in 2x4 in reverse
  15. B

torque convertor lockup ok guys im new to this thread i need some help if you could i got a 00 explorer 4.0 4x4 with 120,000 miles i recently bought. my problem is when put in drive it will stall out violently but when put in reverse it will work, i got this truck to move in 4 low a few...
Back