Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

2002 Explorer 4.6L Dying at Idle

Hate a bump an old thread, but after some searching this seemed to describe my issue the most. I've had an odd idle problem that has been driving me crazy and has progressively gotten worse recently. Sometimes the truck idles ok, other times just teribble, then sometimes it just dies when...
  2. B

Fng!

Welcome to the forums Matt! Both cars look great! Are you registered on SVTP?
  3. B

clicking buzzing clacking noise drivers front floorboard firewall area?

Do you know what they did to fix the buzzing sound, it sounds like the same issue that I'm having.
  4. B

Pic Request- Your Explorer Towing

I just used the hitch that's on the truck, the trailer had brakes on both axles.
  5. B

Yeah it has the 4.6 in it, and the Slowbra is a ton of fun! :thumbsup: 35% on the windshield and 20% on front windows.
  6. B

Towing my Cobra from Charleston to DC for a Terminator Shootout. Over 25hrs roundtrip and it did just fine!
  7. B

Going to revive an old thread that I forgot about, but beheivjer what was the fix?
  8. B

cai for 4.6 - is it worth it

Sorry it took so long I haven't been on in awhile, been working on the Cobra too much!! The rubber elbow that goes from the TB to the inlet pipe I got from www.intakehoses.com, the pipe is just a piece of 3" ABS pipe that I got from Lowes and drilled for the vacuum lines and painted black, and...
  9. B

MagnaFlow question

Actually the flowmaster isn't more wide open, a magnaflow is a straight through design muffler where the flows are chambered. Try looking through both mufflers, it will be pretty clear which one is more open.
  10. B

I still have it and can't pinpoint it....
  11. B

I'm going to have a lot of Iraq money to spend. '03 EB

Really, that's good to hear. I know when I had my old 2V GT back in the day the upper plenums were a pretty popular mod. It's cheap and led to decent gains on the GT's, I'd imagine it would do the same for the exploders.
  12. B

Upgrades for 4.6 V8 XLT 2003.

Where did you get the number of 272 horsepower on the dyno? 272 at the rear wheels is about a 75 horsepower jump from stock, and it sounds like the truck is primarily stock. A "canned tune" which is just installing one of the premade tunes is honestly a waste of time. They can't really add...
  13. B

Installed CAI And Now Check Engine Light Is On

Take the truck to Autozone and have them scan the code, then let us know what it was.
  14. B

I'm going to have a lot of Iraq money to spend. '03 EB

+1 don't believe the market hype you see about how good brand X of spark plugs or ignition products are. Unless your current ones need to be replaced you're not going to see any benefit.
  15. B

Black Head Lights 02-05 X

Wow these look really good, especially with the retro fitted projectors!!
  16. B

The magnaflow is a straight thru muffler, the flowmaster is a chambered muffler. The flowmaster might sound better, but a straight thru muffler will be better for power.
  17. B

A canned tuned chip won't do anything for you, unless you're going with a custom tune don't bother. A good custom tune after the usual bolt-ons isn't a bad idea and usually results in decent gains. Intakes will give you 5-10hp tops, try to get one with the least path of resistance (least...
  18. B

Rotor Painting

+1. Rotors look good man! That's my next weekend project is to take the rotors/calipers and clean them up really good and paint them. I'm debating on silver or black, I don't want to draw to much attention to them, just clean that area up a bit.
  19. B

cai for 4.6 - is it worth it

The only time the under hood temps will be higher are at idle, when the car is moving the temps are the same as outside. The hot air is pulled out the engine bay when the car is moving. This is the intake I made for $50, so far through three tanks my avg gas mileage has gone from 15.5/19 to...
  20. B

My new 02 Eddie Bauer

Yeah I know I hate those, the first thing I did when I bought the car was take the front bracket off. I popped a couple of black push plugs that I had at the house in there for right now, I plan on getting some touch up paint and matching them. Thanks, I love how this truck looks in white!!
  21. B

My new 02 Eddie Bauer

I love it, I think it really goes well with the white. They're 5k, but I think they turned out a little too blue for my taste.
  22. B

My new 02 Eddie Bauer

Well new to me! I joined the forum here recently but haven't posted any pics of the new DD/tow vehicle so here they are. I found this baby for 9K out the door down in Atlanta and made the trip to go pick it up a few weeks ago. So far and probably all I'm going to do I've tinted the front two...
Back