Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. U

Side to Side over bumps???

Exactly. I am hitting them straight on but getting this rocking thing. It seems weird. I think my sway bar stuff is all hooked up fine, I have never messed with it personally. I am going to look on Alldata and see if I can figure out how to diagnose the sway bar and end links. Thanks for the...
  2. U

It feels like the body of the truck is rocking back and forth. I have no clue what "rear physically being thrown around side to side" really means.
  3. U

I have been experiencing this for awhile now and I just want to know if it is normal or is something bad or going bad. I do have a stiff ass suspension thanks to the TT, AAL and Shackles but this is just odd. When I go over a speed bump, not only does the truck bounce up and down after the...
  4. U

Help Finding the Source of Squeeling/Squeeking in Engine

Could be any of your pulleys. After going wheeling my alternator now squeaks. Also the squeak gets louder/faster when I accelerate.
  5. U

AC compressor kicks on and off

What your describing is perfectly normal
  6. U

look what I found on google

LOL I would never do that to my subs. You need to provide the subs with the proper amount of airspace and the box should be tuned properly. Also I could not even imagine the rattle that would produce and I like my spare tire equipment where it is. A for effort but F for poor design. Always...
  7. U

The best Shocks for smooth driving

Question for shockwarehouse rep. Are the KYB GASAJUST PERFORMANCE shocks a good choice for my 2002 Explorer Sport 2wd that is mostly on the road driving? I am at 67k with the stock shocks and when I hit bumps I feel like the car bounces up and down to much.
  8. U

How to quiet the death rattle?

If you want sludge you can use Pennzoil. I have heard to use Royal Purple.
  9. U

What oil do you run?

5w-30 Castrol Part Synthetic every 3,000. 65k on my 02 sport.
  10. U

A smother ride needed.

As for the terms, google them. As for your sport, how many miles are on it? If you have a lot of miles it may need shocks. What size tires are you running? Going from the stock small ass tires to 32's really helped my ride a bunch (but not gas mileage.) Search for "quest for 30 mpg" and you...
  11. U

The best Shocks for smooth driving

Something I still don't understand. If I lifted my sport 2.5 inches (TT, AAL, Shackles) then do I need longer shocks or do the shocks that are listed for fitting my 2002 Ex Sport Stock still work?
  12. U

Why does God hate 2002 Sports?

Prepare for a very stiff ride. I underestimated the stiffness.
  13. U

overdrive, on or off...............

I only turn mine off to get out of the overdrive gear as well. I had a friend tell me that turning it off would be better for around town driving but after experimenting with it I felt like my gas mileage was about the same.
  14. U

Check out the President's new Cadillac limousine.

Dangg 0-60 in 15 seconds!!! LOL and once its to 60 that is its top speed. Hope the president is never in a high speed chase in that thing.
  15. U

2nd Generation Shackle Bushings Revisited

So is it safe to say that the bushing where the leaf connects to the bottom of the shackle can be replaced at home in my garage? If I melt out the old ones and use a c clamp to remove the bushing and then hammer in the new bushing should all go well?
  16. U

2nd Generation Shackle Bushings Revisited

I would love to know if anyone has tried these on a 2002 Ex Sport. I am having a lot of trouble finding the proper bushings to use.
  17. U

BL / TT / Axle over converstion question

LOL That guy is trying to screw you buddy. Better run while you can. Mechanic Owned? Yet he doesn't know the difference between Spring Over Axle and Spring Under Axle?
  18. U

belt replacement

A quick search of the forums should yield good results. There are tons of threads on this and I know this because I just did this on my truck.
  19. U

Squeak from leafpack, bushings

I am still having trouble finding the bushings I need to order. It seems that all the kits are for first gen explorers.
  20. U

Squeak from leafpack, bushings

Looking for leafspring bushings for a 02 Ex Sport 2WD V6 SOHC 245. After looking at JCWhitney and Summitracing, I am unable to locate the bushings I need. I looked under 2002 Ford Explorer V6 245 and found nothing. Should I be looking under 2002 Ford Sport Trac? What Year/Make/Model bushings...
  21. U

Why I won't be offroading anytime soon.

I pulled my belt off and spun everything and my alternator was the only one "bird chirping." My belt is still the stock Motorcraft belt I believe and my truck has 65k on it. I see the belt has minor cracks just starting to form so a new belt is in order I think.
  22. U

my truck runs great thread,,

My explorer is in great shape. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and do all the work on the truck myself. Owned it for a year and a half now with very little problems. Truck has 65k on it.
  23. U

This forum scares me to death

My 02 Sport has treated me much better than my 2000 Honda Accord V6. Yes they both have problems but I have spent WAY LESS MONEY on my explorer than I ever did on my Honda.
  24. U

Why I won't be offroading anytime soon.

So my truck was running pretty well and it rained for three days straight so I decided I must go take her off road. After a mild 10-15 minute offroading session in pouring down rain I now have multiple squeaks under my hood. I replaced the tensioner and now my alternator squeaks. Alternator...
  25. U

low performance

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3704
Back