Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Rack and Pinion...

How do you remove the Torsion Bars...I was wondering the same thing haha! Any tricks?? Thanks!
  2. D

Rack and Pinion...

sorry for the late reply on this one! This problem has kind of slipped my mind when the local dollar store has started to supply me with $1 bottles of ps fluid. i really appreciate your guys' advice. i just have a few more questions... Do you guys know of any sites that have a step by...
  3. D

4.0 ohv idle and running problem

this might seem kind of obvious but have you done any of the basic maintenance on it? I see you have already put in a new AIC and plugs but there are some others that could be causing it. I've had many idle problems with my truck and any of these have cause it for me... Besides the AIC and...
  4. D

Oh we love problems!

How rough of a ride is your Explorer? I had a very weird rumble/rock/banging noise on the front end right next to the break pedal and it scared the crap out of me. I had no idea what the hell it could be. In the end it turned out to be that ALL of my shocks were bleeding and dead. Have you...
  5. D

Theft prevention?

Thanks for the info guys! The advice you all gave me is excellent and I really appreciate it. I am now going to check out some locking nuts, some loctite, and I'm going to have a little chat with my insurance agent haha Thanks again
  6. D

Theft prevention?

I was thinking about the tire package I am going to purchase and it is going to be a big chunk of money. I live in an area where theft is existent (Downtown minneapolis...) and I was wondering if anyone has any methods of theft prevention for tires and other things. Is there any way to secure...
  7. D

I cant find the PCV valve..

I'll post some photos of the PCV valve on my 4.0L SOHC 98' in a day or so. That valve really REALLY gave me a challenge but I will show you how conquered it is...
  8. D

Painted my Bumpers

That looks beautiful on your truck! post some more pics if you got them!
  9. D

I got hit. Have some questions.

She's in deep deep...crap. I would get a lawyer and start scaring the crap out of her. See if you can get a settlement outside of court and I would start looking at the 2009 ex's... There is a HUGE MORAL here. If you don't have a license, don't have insurance, drive drunk, get cought, get...
  10. D

TRUE. If you love your truck and want to keep it without it being written off- GET a lawyer. She is 100% at fault on this one. There is now way in hell she should have ever been drinking and driving. If the accident hurt you in any way, tell them. You did not do a damn thing wrong and you...
  11. D

muddy water!

:)thanks alot for the link, it really helped
  12. D

How to Crank up my torsion bars

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47345 This should help...:)
  13. D

Stupid Exhaust Leak on 5.0

Welcome to the forums! The first thing I'd do would be to check on the side of the truck when it is running and see if you can kind of pinpoint where it is coming from (sound). How rusted away is your exhaust system and how does it sound idling?
  14. D

Cases like this really really make you hate dumbass drivers who decide to get behind the wheel drunk (without a damn license??)..I feel for you though. I agree with what was said- check other body shops and see what they charge, I know that Ford charges a ton when it's not under warranty.
  15. D

5r55e flashing o/d?

Here, check this threat out ASAP!!. this might help ya a bit... http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226110 Goodluck
  16. D

Before the replacement engine goes in...what should I do to it?

The placement of the two plugs on the passenger side (not the front one) are SOOO annoying to replace. It took me an hour just on those two plugs with a ten inch extension and a swivel to get them replaced. By the way..if you are replacing plugs on a SOHC, a swivel and extension are INVALUABLE...
  17. D

Rear Wiper Motor Replacement

:thumbsup:beautiful pictures! Good write-up!!
  18. D

Recommended Spark Plug Brand/Model?

Autolite double platinum plugs are the best (to me...):D
  19. D

muddy water!

I did some searches on the site and I could not come up with anything relating to this... I like mud puddles. I dont know why but I just do. I like to drive fast through a mud puddle when I can. My truck gets dirty quickly. But is this normal; the entire engine compartment (when u open the...
  20. D

Before the replacement engine goes in...what should I do to it?

haha I say make sure the plugs are brand new! It is a $%#@ trying to change them in a 4.0 SOHC! Besides that though...I say just make sure it is looking good!:salute:
  21. D

An auxiliary battery?

Donner, thank you for the link that will help a ton! I Just have one other question: Is it possible to jump start yourself if one battery doesn't have enough charge? I've heard of guys doing that with like switches in their cabs, that true?
  22. D

An auxiliary battery?

I was reading the explorer4x4 website's article about adding an auxiliary and actually being able to jump yourself if your one battery ever died. The article on the site really confused me and I did a search here and I did not find much about doing this project. Has anyone one here ever put...
  23. D

"upgrading" stock Fog lights

Hey thanks for the help guys:)
Back