Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Hello everyone :-)

Well, here's my new mo chine, feel free to crucify me :)
  2. W

Hello everyone :-)

Well I'm still here and feeling much better :salute: Unfortunatly my Dad passed away last week following a 6 year battle with Cancer :( I am currently looking for a new truck :D I don't know if it will be an Ex though, mpg, upkeep and age all against them now. Unless someone can show me...
  3. W

north face for sale

hey si, how you doin fella? unfortunatly the diabetes has its vile grip on me again at the moment, spent the last 2 months struggling to keep my feet, and still battling now. amputation looms large :(:(:( no worries about your kid mate, i will stick hold for you until you tell me better...
  4. W

please check out my sales thread............

............http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2575200#post2575200 hi all, its with a heavy heart i have to sell my exoplorer. ill health and other issues have forced me into this. she is a bargain for someone, put her on here and will leave on here for a week or two then...
  5. W

north face for sale

cheers dude. i really am gonna miss the explorer, and doubt i'll ever own one again :( it really is the perfect machine for me, great fun to drive, great workhorse, great towing vehicle etc, etc, etc :D:D but unfortunatly it has to go. and its a raving bargain for someone :salute: mick.
  6. W

north face for sale

its with deep regret that i have to sell my explorer. illness etc forces me into this, and i would rather sell on here than fleebay or the trader. so here goes...........1999 north face in green, 160 000'ish miles, exact evades me at the mo, taxed and tested til the end of january 2011. usual...
  7. W

buzzed by a Vulcan

I saw her at southport air show last year, that was low flying. Simply amazing, power and grace. Shame she is going to be grounded. Mick.
  8. W

How do you change door mirror?

Cheers Howard, been looking for that. Thank you to all who helped Mick.
  9. W

Oops, I have manhandled the switch panel out and removed the 2 screws. Anyhow, so it's a bit of brute force around the edges with a broad bladed driver to pop the very tight clips. Cheers guys. Mick.
  10. W

G'day, well after a long spell of unemployment I am now back working,albeit a 3 month trial, but I'm earning again. And trying to fix mi truck. How the hell do you get the door card off to change the door mirror? Mick.
  11. W

wanted, n/s door mirror

anyone point me in the direction of a n/s door mirror for a north face. i am borrassic, so need to be handy money. mick.
  12. W

what would you do?

g'day one and all, i am in a bit of a dilemma, here goes.......................i was driving down the duel carriagway the other day, when bam, offside lane closed. so i slowede down and joined the que. we where just over a mile from the closed point. as i was slowing down all the traffic from...
  13. W

Firstly Hello, then radio replacement recommendations

nah, nowt fancy needed. even though no one knows nowt about'em they are just cars at the end of the day, with a 12v system. if your gonna fit it yourself, or plan to do a bit of diy on your explorer, buy a multimeter, as the wires are different colours. enjoy a truly great machine. mick.
  14. W

Firstly Hello, then radio replacement recommendations

weelcome to the forum and explorers dude :thumbsup: i think a good quality stereo with mp3/4, blue tooth and ipod docking is fairly easily obtained these days for a good price. as long as you dont want to make your ears bleed that is. if you put in an all singing all dancing mobile dj type...
  15. W

I need big nuts!

sorry pal i cant help you here. just saying hello and welcome :thumbsup: mick.
  16. W

2 things for you............

1..........arghhh.........that dont sound good :rolleyes: 2.......not good at uploading pics, not much to see anyhows, the plastic has folded back. on the upside i did the 280 miles on £40 of gas, and still a bit left. mick.
  17. W

2 things for you............

1- whilst driving around yesterday with my OD turned off[light illuminated on dash]i approached a roundabout, slowed down to around 25 from 40, then, seeing road clear accelerated, steadily back up to around 40 and my OD light started to flash. i remembered that there are coded flashes, but this...
  18. W

maintenance warning and strange occurance

gonna be changing gaskets when justin gets some oom12 kits in a week or 2. i meant tips on water in the fuel mate :thumbsup: mick.
  19. W

The Joy of EX

source a chap on here called boots, he once had a single point lpg ex and was knowledgable on tuning them and getting the best from them. mick.
  20. W

Our Ex is dead and so very nearly was SWMBO

phew that was some impact, very glad to hear the missus is on the mend physicaly, hope this hasnt affected her too much and can get back in a car and behind the wheel. all the best to your wife and family mate ;) mick.
  21. W

i considered that today whilst doing the job, but there was no real tell tale signs of water, but there must have been some. what do tou reccomend from here then, obviously a filter change, but owt else? ta, mick.
  22. W

hi all, whilst putting some petrol in the other day i heard a splashing sound, yup sure enough i'd put about a tenner on the forcourt :rolleyes: the filler neck had corroded through and snapped, just above the rubber hose to the fuel tank. oredered one off justin and today set about the 'easy'...
  23. W

bad mpg figures

tthanks for your input fella, but i dont know how to check for 'function'. will this come up on a scan? mick.
  24. W

bad mpg figures

afternoon fella's, MAF was cleaned before i did it, and the vehicle was driven sensibly. i am in the process of borrowing a code reader in the next day or two, cant afford one right now, but my engine light is'nt on, so i dont know if there will be any codes? the car is still running a...
  25. W

Wanted Rear drivers light for 2000 ford explorer northface xlt to replace my cracked light

now thats pushing it a litttle. if you want one try douglas valley breakers. google it, but you will have to pay. mick.
Back