Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. shucker1

Option Question 2020 / 2021

Guys, We are considering either a 2020 or 2021 Ford Explorer. The wife is really liking the Black Grille and Black Rims but it only appears to come on the XLT with sports package, however this package does not offer the B&O \ 12 speaker Sound system. Does anyone know if there is a way to get...
  2. shucker1

2020 Ford Edge

My wife is considering buying a 2020 Edge Titanium. Can anyone provide any positive or negative feedback in the Edge? Thanks.
  3. shucker1

Frame Cleaning

Guys, Moving on to the point where I'm cleaning my frame for POR-15. Looking for something to cut the grease and built up funk. I know @CDW6212R has said the frame is coated in a wax like material but how can I get it off as well as the built up slime? Tried Castrol Super Clean, Did some of...
  4. shucker1

Suspension Insulator Pad

Gentlemen, I'm now in the process of stripping removable frame components for POR-15. Spindles, Backing Plates, Caliper Frames, Froward Gas Tank Bracket Etc are done. Dropped the entire lower LCA assembly after indexing Torsion Bar for transport to the office for sand blasting before paint...
  5. shucker1

Tire Bead Leak

Anyone have suggestions on fixing a tire bead leak on an aluminum rim? Not bad, just a sizzle area about 1" long on the inboard edge of the bead. The counter clowns at Goodyear are telling me I need a new rim. The guy started going on about stress fractures in the rim until I told him what I...
  6. shucker1

Opinions on A\C Gauge Set

My 20 Year old Interdynamics A\C gauge set bit the dust.... Replacement options are Robinair or Yellow Jacket. Leaning toward Yellow Jacket with 1% gauges not a 3-2-3 gauge. Set needs to work with 410 A as well as 134. Yes pressure is pressure but 410 works a lot higher than 134 so you can't...
  7. shucker1

New Type of OBD II Reader

My son stumbled across this new type of OBD II reader. Anyone have experience with it? Useful or worthless? And OBDLink® MX Bluetooth
  8. shucker1

Walboro Vs Bosch

Question? Walboro 255LPH Vs Bosch 255LPH for a performance application? Found the Walboro Kit. Walbro 255LPH Fuel Pump - 1996-1998 Ford EXPLORER 5.0L (P) E.F.I. (Ford Bosch Website is rather misleading and hard to figure out.
  9. shucker1

2015 F-250 Electronic Throttle Body

OK, I know this isn't the right section but I need some visibility. 2015 F-250 Company Truck (106,000 Miles) Had a rough start issue on colder mornings so I figured spark plugs. Since it's a lease truck we can't work on them. Dealer came back and said spark plugs and the Electronic Throttle...
  10. shucker1

PCM Memory Keep Alive Battery

Would anyone know how long the PCM Keep Alive Battery is designed to last? Has anyone ever replaced one?
  11. shucker1

Amazing Barn Find

This one is for @Rick This Rare 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Was Found in a Barn Under a Plastic Sheet
  12. shucker1

2013 Ford Fusion Titanium

Anyone out there with a Ford Fusion have brake issues? Wife's car blew out a Left Front Brake Hose with only 66,500K miles on it. No cuts in hose, it just blew out. Kinda strange for that to happen so soon.
  13. shucker1

Hard Water Spots

Ok, I'm a dummy and I did it to myself. Project truck has been sitting for quite some time and only getting washed but never really dried off. Now I've got Bad A$$ water spots all over the hood that are getting on my nerves. Tried Dupont #7 polishing compound by hand. Nothing McGuire's...
  14. shucker1

Exterior Door Panel Trim

Gentlemen, 98 XLT, Black; The exterior door panel trims have seen better days. Cracked up, Fading Etc. They seem like another part made of Un-Obtanium... Suggestions rather that just to delete them? If I pull them off then I have the glue to deal with. Custom Carbon Fiber perhaps?
  15. shucker1

Check Those Spare Tires Kids!!!

OK, Here goes... Who has checked the air in the spare lately? Honestly? Bosslady had a bolt in her tire, like a good drone I went to her work site and pulled the suspect tire and put the spare on till I could get the tire fixed the same day. Good Idea NO! not if the spare is almost flat...
  16. shucker1

3.0L Ford Vulcan Engine

Anyone know if they ever made a METAL Right Side Valve Cover for the 3.0 Liter Vulcan Engine? We have my son's Taurus pulled down for a bad head gasket and we were thinking about powder coating the valve covers. Left side is metal. No Problem. Right side is plastic so I don't think it can be...
  17. shucker1

Rotary In an Explorer?

My son was goofing off and found this. Who wants to try it? Quick Time SFI Bellhousing Mazda 13B 20B Rotary To Ford AOD AODE Transmissions | eBay Any takers? Chris
  18. shucker1

2001 Ford Taurus "Vulcan V-6"

Sirs, I'm on the hunt for a full 3 volume factory service manual set for a 2001 Ford Taurus. Vulcan V-6 engine. Anyone have a full set they want to sell? My son blew a head gasket on his and we took it all down with a boat load of pictures as back up. Seems like the Vulcan is famous for...
  19. shucker1

Washing Catalytic Converters

Since I've got both the engine and transmission out and the cats are on the ground I'm wondering if I can wash them out with plain water? Hopefully for better flow when its back together. Anyone tried this? Research shows that there is no such thing as "High Flow" cats and I do plan on...
  20. shucker1

4R70W Coolant Line

Ladies and Gentlemen Et Al, I have screwed up. Haste makes waste. Not paying attention to what I was doing while dropping the transmission out of my 98 XLT, I destroyed The cooler line which runs From The Transmission To The Radiator. I do have the Auxiliary cooler as part of the factory tow...
  21. shucker1

Rear Sway Bar 1998 XLT

Does anyone recall if the 98 XLT's came with (2) different sway bar sizes? Looking to replace the sway bar bushings and end links with Poly to correct body roll issues. Found this: Rear Sway Bar-Endlink Bushings - 19 mm | Ford Explorer Found this P\n in Summit Racing. Said only to fit up to...
  22. shucker1

Bolt Size Question

Guys, Looking to buy a new metric tap set. Replacing my old worn out Craftsmen set. Thinking about this: M3x0.50 to M18x2.50 Tap, M3x0.50 to M18x2.50 77261683 - MSC Can't think of much on the Explorer that is larger than Metric 18. Suggestions welcome. Chris
  23. shucker1

For IMP (Off Roader)

Saw this just outside of Delmont, PA while I was up there for work. @imp would appreciate it.
  24. shucker1

Ford Sync 2013 Fusion

Gentlemen, Completely unrelated to this forum but we all seem to be a very ingenious bunch. Subject: 2013 Ford Fusion with Ford MySync. Wife is having issues with Sync Locking up if songs being played form I phone are paused or if you take too long to select a new song. Also having issues...
  25. shucker1

Drive Shaft U Joint Opinion

Guys, Replacing U joints before they fail. Opinions wanted. Moog/Precision 270 Series Or Dana Spicer 1330 Series. Either way going to be heavy duty with grease fittings on outside of each cup.
Back