Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

18" Chrome Wheel Skins

So last winter I was goofing around and ended up with a little curb rash on a couple of my rims. I have the 18" chrome rims, but they look to be just plastic skins with a chrome plating. I talked to my local dealer and they only had a listing for the entire rim. I also did a little searching...
  2. D

18" wheels

I've been looking at new rims and tires too. I find it odd that some have 275/55/18 with rubbing when they are actually shorter than my stock 235/65/18. If someone has 265/65/18 on theirs which appear to be 31.5" tall, I think I can get 285/50/20 on which are 31.2". I would like to add...
  3. D

08 Explorer Roof Rack Chrome Trim

Are you still looking for the chrome roof rails? My 07 EB has them and I would much prefer the black ones. Let me know if you are still looking and maybe we can switch or something.
  4. D

Engine Power Decreased Greatly

I don't remember if the 2006 came with the traction control, but I had a time once when the traction control thought it sensed slipping from both front wheels and made it next to impossible to get the X to go anywhere. I could hear it trying to lock up the front end. I finally pulled over...
  5. D

4W Low

Just saw your message last night and tested mine this morning. It seems to do the same thing. Put it in 4 low and the engine seems to rev up to 2k-3k with very little forward motion, then it shifts into 2nd (kind of hard) and the X seems to move much better. Never did get fast enough to feel...
  6. D

Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

I see Hypertech has their Max Energy and Econ out now for the 4.6 Explorers. Anyone have one yet? I was trying to figure out the difference between the plain Max Energy and the Econ; the only thing I can tell is the the Max Energy gives you more programmable options where the Econ does not...
  7. D

KKM Intake VS K & N Cold Air Intake

Actually their dyno information does show 11hp at 4500rpm and about the same at 6000rpm. Then again, how much do you trust their dyno?:D http://www.knfilters.com/news/news.aspx?ID=1494
  8. D

Ford or Mercury?

I also had the same question when I was looking for my next SUV. I opted for the Explorer because I wanted something with 4x4 low range. I don't do a lot of offroading but I miss having the 4 low on my Escape so had to have it in my next vehicle. As for the towing, if all you are hauling is...
  9. D

Load leveling air bags?

Don't know about load leveling air bags but reversing your load so the engine of the car your hauling is positioned more over the trailer axles should help. Just make sure you don't put the load too far back or at speed your trailer will act like it wants to pass you and become very unstable.
  10. D

Lookin for some opinions

I would have to agree with IZwack that it probably does little for the windshield. However I can tell you that it helped quite a bit on my Escape and damage to the hood from rocks and bugs.
  11. D

Lookin for some opinions

I bought my EX used and it already had a nice bug deflector on it. Hope my pictures can do it justice. It is a Stampede brand.
  12. D

06+ Limited owners: what's your MPG?

Also keep in mind that mileage is going to change depending on altitude too. Here in Colorado we are a mile above sea level and mileage is lower. I have the v8 and get about 16 in town and close to 20 on interstate doing 80mph (I have a heavy foot most times). That sounds like a hell of a...
  13. D

V6 or V8 for 06 Eddie Bauer

I looked for over a year before finding my '07 Eddie Bauer. I would stick with an '06 or newer because of the newer v8 and quieter. They also have more options if you are into that sort of thing. As for the mileage between the v6 and v8, they are rated pretty darn close but it is all a matter...
Back