Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. X

Tips and tricks please.

I have a 96 explorer and the time has come to replace the spark plugs. I was looking under the hood and it is very difficult to access them. Does anyone have any tips on making this job any easier? I priced it out just to have the plugs changed at a local shop and they said $250.00, needless to...
  2. X

No explorer... but it is from the blue oval!!!

LOL it doesn't discourage me, but you aren't the first to say that either. Thanks for all the compliments boys i really appreciate it. It's starting to look like what i have pictured in my head, lol!
  3. X

Thanks guys...it is indeed in very good shape it was handed down to me a couple years ago from my uncle, it was his project but lost time and interest so i took over.
  4. X

I just bought some new rims and rubber for my 86 4 eye mustang. I have a couple pics of before and after the wheels. Let me know what you think. Before After
  5. X

96 XL 4x4

Thanks, Cuda is a **** mix he's got... border collie, blue healer, lab and grey hound. I clocked him beside the quad at 58km/h lol.
  6. X

96 XL 4x4

Hey just bought a Canon Rebel XT, I was out the other night snapping some pictures trying to figure it out. Here are some of the pics. My best buddy Cuda!
  7. X

What's Whistleing ??

Wow another Albertan ....thanks ken, but it seems to only happen when it's hot out.
  8. X

What's Whistleing ??

another loud hum. I recently put a cold air intake on and the other day and a couple days after the install i was idling in the driveway and out of no where this loud abnormal hum appeared. I opened the hood to see where it was coming from and it was the the air intake? So i revved it to about...
  9. X

A minor but fun purchase! (pics)

Ok BUDD...cheers!!!
  10. X

So what are you suggesting...you said gain nothing??? but i am gaining sound :thumbsup:
  11. X

Thanks for the info, more than likely will go with a flowy...have em on my GT stang and i just love that sound...very curios as to what it will sound like on a V6...as for the cat i am taking it right out ...here in Alberta there is no emissions control so i am just going to junk it.
  12. X

Too much IMO, $200.00. But i couldnt find one anywhere and i dont have a credit card so i couldnt get one on-line, so i sucked it up and had a local dealer order one up for me. Sounds awesome when you put your foot into it though now i have to decide on a muffler? hmm...
  13. X

I picked up a cold air intake from K&N...it took three weeks to get it in but makes a great difference. I am sure most everyone here has one already but i decided to snap off a couple pics of before and after. Dont mind how filthy the bay is, it's hard to keep it clean around here. BEFORE...
  14. X

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

261,100km all highway, it still can get up and go when i need it to. My VB could probably use some attention though.
  15. X

howdy

Was my damn EGR the hole time...runs like a champ now...i just installed a K&N cold air intake too which helps alot, It barks ..my buddy's 4.3 blazer didnt know what to think lol!!
  16. X

Headlight Problems

Hey i have a question as well. When i turn my headlights all the way on nothing happens... it still just daytime lights, but my high beams work...no low beam???
  17. X

What's Whistleing ??

I have a 96 XL and when cruising at about 60km/h /2500rpm there is a strange air sucking sound like a cold air intake, I dont have an intake. Wondering if it is a possible vaccum leak? And if so would a vaccum leak cause the explorer to idle a bit rough and hesitation throughout the powerband? I...
  18. X

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Just what i was looking for ...you the man , thanks!
  19. X

Solved Lifts and Max tire sizes

Help, what am i looking at in the way of parts for SOA on my 96XL, isnt it a matter of unbolting everything and putting it on top? thanks in advance!
  20. X

howdy

Thanks brooklynbay, i will look into it.
  21. X

howdy

Hey yall just sayin what's up ...I found this site via google,looking for some help with my explorer. I picked up a 96 XL in really good shape for $800.00, it has 250,x.. km on it but runs like a champ,well most of the time. This is my question, runs good when cold but idles funny when warmed to...
Back