Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

How to: Replace a thermostat on a 2000 4.0L SOHC V6

replacement thermostats and upper housing leaks So around a year or 2 ago the water pump gave out and I replaced it. I had problems with leaks and figured it was the water pump but turned out that the lower thermostat housing was deteriorating. I replaced that and hoses and everything was fine...
  2. J

1999 4wd Ford Explorer power locks

I put a screw in mine and a washer/nut on the end. So far so good.
  3. J

Coolant leak.

I recently replaced the lower thermostat housing in my 2000. It was hard to see and get to but it had a crack in it. Of course it's still leaking and I'll have to dismantle it again.
  4. J

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

242,900 and just had transmission rebuilt. No 4x4 and the transfer case is in need of repair. Water pump last year and it has leaked coolant since. Changed the gasket, tried a liquid gasket and then found the lower thermostat housing (made of plastic) to have a crack and falling apart. It still...
  5. J

Lincense Plate Light Replacement

Pry on the white plastic not the clear plastic.
  6. J

Could this be a ball joint?

mine seems to be fixed My Explorer is all good for now. I don't think the LH UCA and RH UCA are interchangeable. I of course took the $30 LH UCA back for a $119 RH UCA. The washers or flanges around the original bolts made it unable to be aligned correctly and I replaced those after as well...
  7. J

Could this be a ball joint?

I just replaced all 4 ball joints over the weekend due to screeching from driving or while pushing down on the front bumper. The passenger side lower ball bearing was causing the noise. Make sure when you get replacement upper ball joints you get a right hand and a left hand side. I had to pick...
  8. J

a/c relay????

I smacked the motor later that night with a set of channel locks and it fired up. I replaced the motor yesterday. The gasket came off with only one break and it was fine to re-use on the new motor. The clip doesn't seem that great but it's ok. Motor is working fine again without too much...
  9. J

a/c relay????

blower motor Mine is doing the same thing. Last Friday I went to leave and the blower motor would not turn on. After driving home and letting the truck sit for a bit I tried again and the blower motor started up. It worked fine for several days and stopped and started here and there. Today...
Back