Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

4x4 high light flashes

Abs? I work for Right Gear And Axle of Salinas, Ca ABS lights, or sensors do usually come on after metal collects on the sensor. whipe it of an call it good , as long as your brgs aren't shot all to hell! whats throwing me off is the 4x4 light flahing off and on . I called to order a 4x4cm...
  2. W

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

This was also very helpful for me, but I stll have a tiny little sputterat idel. any suggestions?
  3. W

Solved TSB 05-12-6 2002 Explorer Rear End Whine

Bearings, Bearings, Bearings. towing and reg,. day diving causes ware. replace brgs and get it out of the way!!! check for specialty shops so your not over charged...
  4. W

Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement

over sized rims are definitely a cause of premature ware. deppending on the axle, independent rear suspension axles have very expensive wheel brgs. straught axles run about 30 to 40. . labor only runs about 1 to 2 hours. do it your self either way, it's an easy fix
  5. W

Changing rear end gears?

adjust gears to 70 % of all driving. towing , high way, ect..... take into account tire hight. and engine torque
  6. W

flowmaster 40 intsall on 04 explorer

I have 2004 MAGNAFLOW very clean install , and performance. I couldn't ask for more. noticable cab niose, but if the radio is on you cant even hear it.
  7. W

My quest for 25

so the UD for the V6? who has a good product? anyone have installation specs. very curious, how many MPG can I enjoy. I understand there are some tunnings for thisI am still looking for a good tunner!? 25 MPG sounds great if I can meet this!!! I have magnaflow and K&n so far. whats next other...
  8. W

slight clunk when going into reverse...

try replacing the u jionts first, even if there is not noticable ware, or "play". engine torque is obviously much stronger than doing this by hand. also much cheaper. if this doesn't work, try finding A specialty shop, most drive line shops can re brg and adjust differetials for about 500 to 600...
  9. W

rear diff help

not axactlly an accurate way of checking. propper back lash, pull the rear cover and put a dial indicator on it. look .06 to .10 in back lash.
  10. W

rear diff help

how are you checking your back lash?
  11. W

Fuel Filter Replacement w/pics

I would of never found the darn thing!!!!!
  12. W

Solved TSB 05-12-6 2002 Explorer Rear End Whine

just to inlighten you all a little , I work for Right Gear And Axle, out of Salinas, Ca. We deal with drive lines, and gears Daily. 90% of all customers that complain of a shutter usually need an oil change. the clutches in the posi need an extra addative to allow slipage. the oil we use that is...
  13. W

K&N Intake for 04-05 v6

in this case the only option is the adapter , and creation of your own intake, a heat shield is deffenatly mandatory. MAS will be your only oppstical. good luck On the k&N the MAS is the only reason they have not , and possibly wont make it.
  14. W

K&N Intake for 04-05 v6

ok, I sent the AFE back! I ended up with a K&N only because I prefer a stock apperence.
  15. W

Comment by 'wickedturns' in media 'IMG_1646'

thats as custom as they come
  16. W

Comment by 'wickedturns' in media 'rolledit'

I hope thats not a daily driver
  17. W

Comment by 'wickedturns' in media 'burnout uhaul'

Thats cool!!!!! hahahahaha
  18. W

Performance chip

I tried to look up each tunner with no luck. is there something I am missing?
  19. W

Performance chip

so who would be the best to write programs for us?
  20. W

K&N Intake for 04-05 v6

and so it's not that difficult to figure out there are after market adapters for the mass air sensor. witch seems to me makes it possible for just about any intake to work with this application. Im tempted to send the AFE back . and find something that may have a heat shield !!! or something a...
  21. W

K&N Intake for 04-05 v6

Afe intake I belive I figured out our problem !!!! I recieved my AFE Intake I removed my stock air box in all excitement. open the new , one, and I was automatically Upset. I was missing parts or something!! after a couple looks around I noted that the Mass air flow sensor is attatched to the...
  22. W

Performance chip

aldive, I've read some of your thread, and I am very interested in your MPG, I'ld really like to find out witch of your mods will apply to my engine. I see you use the BAMA . do you have to rewrite your programmer every time you install a mod?I may not get to carried away with mods, but I'ld...
  23. W

Winding sound coming from left rear

deffenatly sounds like brg's Check your wheels brgs first Independent rear wheel brgs are actualy pretty exspensive. 150 to 200 bucks , depending where you get them. they are easier to chage then pulling the whole rear end out, to find thats not your problem. unforutunatly what you describe...
Back