Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

ford explorer rough start up then runs fine.

hey rough starter replace the o2
  2. J

'00 4.0 sohc running rough

water low i bet i know why i just tore 2 explorers down last week a 99 and a 98 4.0 cast iron heads both used water but not a lot to worry about both kept fouling plugs tore them both down and the heads on both were cracked between the valves not a bad days work but its most likey your...
  3. J

the head difference

want 2 trade? 1995 dodge neon running cold a/c heat good paint faded but otherwise a good car. selling because im not used to working on nothing but explorers
  4. J

the head difference

the castings are 98t 92t
  5. J

the head difference

i got a 98 explorer with heads off a 92 explorer th combustion chamber is different, what is horse power gain or loss ,any help will help ,they are both 4.0 vin x ohv
  6. J

95 explorer engine details

4.0 compatable with 3.8 supercharged will the heads off a 3.8 suprecharged thunderbird motor interchange with my 98 4.0 ex
  7. J

Intermittent Window Failure

electrical grimlens on all ford explorres the control switches 4 the windows arent water resistent so when they quit working try 2 take them apart and clean them and reapply them with deielectric grease
  8. J

im the man who is willing to trade

im the man who is willing to trade
  9. J

free wheels

who wants to trade in south north carolina georiga i got a camaro 4 trade 350 lt1 700r
  10. J

free wheels

want 2 trade 350lt1 700r` ive got a 95 camaro with a 350 lt1 700r tranny it runs good and shifts great the car has extensive body damage the title is clear need to see what my trade options r
  11. J

whos out there

whos out there
  12. J

O/D Flashing Light- ??????????

man go to a parts store that does free code checks
  13. J

Engine Stall At Stop

check engine on by chance if not than is the bulb good
  14. J

Engine Stall At Stop

check engine on by chance
  15. J

98 4.0 ohv electrical gremlins

yep its a sts turbo that cost me more than money my wife left cause of it .its 10.45 in the 1/4 .alot has been to it in the past year new heads, cam ,custom stroker, shift kits mustang rear all the good stuff but none or half of my electrical componets work like or when there suposed too i need...
  16. J

wont reverse when in reverse

ive poped it open to see what the problem when it first happened the light do come on like i said it will move but it acts like a manual tranny with a very bad clutch
  17. J

98 4.0 ohv electrical gremlins

any 1 out there with a complete wiring diagram 4 my 98 4.0ohv turbo 2wd explorer man ive got so many electrical problems its unreal
  18. J

no the fork is good i think its transmission range sensor because it will try to move if u feather the gas enough
  19. J

99 ranger 3.0 4x4 all forward gear work great in both 2wheel drive and 4wheel drive but once u put it in reverse it tries to move but its like its not gettin enough fluid or something any help would be nice
  20. J

Annoying beeping noise on startup and every 40 minutes...

buckle the driver seat belt
  21. J

2000 explorer-high idle on start up

the tps or iac needs to be checked out
  22. J

4.0 OHV High Idle 2000ex

i got a 98 and mine does the same thing other than that its fine
  23. J

Intermittent Window Failure

the driver side switches need to be taken apart and cleaned cause the internal terminals have got corrosion on them
Back