2004 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 ford explorer

1. I

Wanted I'm looking to buy a pair of (JBA 1678SJS) shorty headers for a 2004 Ford 4.6L V8 Explorer.

Hello Everyone! I'm looking to buy a pair of - JBA 1678SJS - Shorty Headers for a 2004 Ford Explorer (02-05) 4.6L SOHC V8 Explorer and Mountaineers. Please send me a message is you have a pair to sell. Sincerely, Michael
  2. T

Won't start after changed brake light switch

I have a 2004 Explorer XLT. Began having intermittent problem of not going out of park. And, the tail lights stayed on when car was parked and no key in ignition. Without knowing it until it was too late, the tail lights drained the battery. I changed the brake light switch. Then, after charging...
  3. B

P2270 code 04 ford explorer

Hey all Im new to this site but hopefully you all can help My 04 explorer eddie bauer has been throwing the p2270 code every few days Changed the o2 senspr with one from napa a ngk o believe. Voltage stays around .04 v to .2 volts right now at .02 volts idling it takes forever for voltage to...
  4. D

Hey...how ya doin??? Lol I'm new here...

Just q quick intro...my name is Sean. My dad died this past February...not looking for sympathy however...he had a 2004 Ford Explorer...I think its a 3.6L V6. Anyway...I'm trying to figure out...do I put some money into it and make it my own? Or do I just get rid of it? The engine is not...
  5. B

2004 Transmission interchanges. 2 wheel to 4 wheel drive

I have a 2004 Ford Explorer v6 2 wheel drive. A friend has the same vehicle but it's 4 wheel drive. He needs a transmission. Will mine work in his truck without complications. Are these two transmissions the same? Because I noticed that the front hub assembly's on my 2 wheel drive have open...
  6. C

2004 Ford Explorer 3 inch lift kit

I have a 2004 Ford Explorer. I have been looking around for a lift kit and I haven't had any luck. Can someone help me find a 2-4 inch lift kit for under 500 dollars.
  7. J

Ford Explorer 2004 - removing headliner

Hello Ford Explorer Enthusiasts! I am new to this forum but have an immediate and pressing question. I have been told by the dealership that my sunroof assembly needs to be completely replaced because the glass will not shut and there's a problem with the rack. I am not willing to spend...
  8. D

Thermostat or not????

Well I have the 04 Explorer 4.0 V6 EB edition. I am baffled by a potential thermostat issue? I drive the explorer some days to work in the morning around 530 AM. Its nice and cool outside. After about 10-15 minutes of driving it on the highway the temp gauge inside starts to rise. I can usually...
  9. S

'04 Explorer XLT Lift Question's

Hey guys, I have a 2004 Explorer XLT model and I've been searching through this site and haven't quite got the answers I'm looking for. I'm trying to get a Leveling Kit to fit 33" Nitto MudGrappler's. And I need to know how much of a lift I would need to clear them. And what type of lift...
  10. T

spark plug wires

i'm having trouble changing the spark plug wires on my 04 explorer on the passanger side has a clip that is holding them behind the alnternater. anyone know how to get wires out.
Back