'02 Sport Trac keyless entry reset | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

'02 Sport Trac keyless entry reset

SportTracChick

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Explorer Sport Trac
Hi. I just bought an '02 Sport Trac that has a keyless entry pad on the driver door. The dealer didnt have the code but when I looked in the manual it said to look on the computer module. And I have no idea where that is. I looked behind the back seats near the jack and the other compartment was a speaker. Does anyone know where I can find the factory code to reset it? Any help would be very much appreciated. Ive looked all over and couldn't find anything on it. Thank you very much!

keyless entry pad code

Remove the negative battery cable. Open the glove box to the point where it is hanging all the way down by squeezing in on the sides as you open it. Locate the air bag mounting screws and remove them. Disconnect the air bag cable and remove the bag. Look at the computer housing to the left side of the cavity where the air bag went. On the top of this housing is your original code. I believe ebay has an auction for instructions on how to reset the code manually, if you don't want to mess with air bag removal.

Back