Factory Keyless Entry Code 03 Explorer Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory Keyless Entry Code 03 Explorer Sport Trac

Usernametouse

Reaction score
City, State
Worcester, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
FORD EXPLORER SPORT
Hey all!

So, I have given the keyless entry code to my boyfriend. At the time I wasnt aware this was the factory set code that came with the car, nor was I aware that even if you change the code the factory code will still allow entry! ): now is it impossible to keep him out of the truck (the keys wont unlock the doors by the way, only the keyless entry works) or is there something, anything can do to change the factory code or? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

I looked in the owner's manual, this is where it told me that the factory code would work even if you reset and entered another code!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. I do not know, but I am sure someone will get you the answer.

Hey all!

So, I have given the keyless entry code to my boyfriend. At the time I wasnt aware this was the factory set code that came with the car, nor was I aware that even if you change the code the factory code will still allow entry! ): now is it impossible to keep him out of the truck (the keys wont unlock the doors by the way, only the keyless entry works) or is there something, anything can do to change the factory code or? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

I looked in the owner's manual, this is where it told me that the factory code would work even if you reset and entered another code!
You can replace the door lock code box. Its a small box and relatively easy to change and the new code will be on the new box.

Ford calls it the central security module and yes it will need to be replace to get rid of that code you could also pull the drivers door panel and unplug the key pad itself.

Back