2003 Explorer EB body mounts disintegrating... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer EB body mounts disintegrating...

bronco loco

Reaction score
City, State
li new york
Year, Model & Trim Level
explorer 2003
I live in NY and this past weekend I decided to replace my O2 sensors on my 2003 EX.EB and found out the #2 body mount bushings are falling apart.
I researched and found out that neither Energy Suspension or Prothane makes bushings for this Ex, only source is Dorman, has anyone that faced this problem found a source for this bushings or did you go another route?.

After some research in this site, I decided while I will be replacing this bushings, I will be mounting the 1.5 Body lift. The body lift and the bolts where shipped today (thanks to the 1.5 body lift "sticky" which shows with detail what needs to be done).

I already have the #2 mounts from RA and need to know if I should replace all of them or should I just replace the ones that I need, (have to loosen them up anyway to install the BD, but over 500.00 for the rest of the bushings...)

Another thing I saw while I was crawling under the Ex, the rear 8.8 pumping is leaking from the cover and the front is leaking from the pinion seal, it seems to be common for a vehicle with 114k miles. I want to keep this Ex for a couple of years longer, the tranny was rebuilt with HD parts 3 years ago and the timing belt was done about 5 years ago.

I have a 1972 Bronco which has taking time away from the explorer, but now I decided to give some TLC to the Ex. My plan is to also give it a lift by mean of spacers (1.75 front and 1.25 rear) and stuff the wheel wells with 265/75r17 on the original rims.
Any advice or input will be greatly appreciated.

Bushings and BD done, next front rear pinion seals, oil pan gasket and front sway bar bushings. Work in progress.

Back