2003 Explorer XLT Biggest Tire for 1.5" Body Lift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Explorer XLT Biggest Tire for 1.5" Body Lift

Vanner

Reaction score
City, State
Laguna Niguel, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT 4DR RWD
Hello Serious Explorers,

I am new to the group and have been researching all I can but can't find a forum for a 1.5" Body Lift and a Rim/Tire size chart.

Does anyone know what the biggest tire for a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT 4DR 2WD would be on a 1.5" Body Lift?

Currently on stock 16" Factory OEM Rim. Looking at 16" or 17" rims as well.

Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At that amount of lift I'd stick with 265s or something around a 31.6" tall tire. If you don't have rear A/C (the lines run directly behind the right front fender liner), you might be able to fit something a little bit taller with a higher offset wheel and some trimming.

At that amount of lift I'd stick with 265s or something around a 31.6" tall tire. If you don't have rear A/C (the lines run directly behind the right front fender liner), you might be able to fit something a little bit taller with a higher offset wheel and some trimming.
Thank you very much!

I don't know if this will help you or not, I have a 2010 EB 4WD, but I ran LT245/75-17 KO2's (31.5") on stock rims with no spacers. No rubbing or any issues in 2 years.

I don't know if this will help you or not, I have a 2010 EB 4WD, but I ran LT245/75-17 KO2's (31.5") on stock rims with no spacers. No rubbing or any issues in 2 years.
The more feedback the better! Thank you Conestoga Actual!

Back