Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

4x4 Shift Problem

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by Don Doodle, December 8, 2010.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Don Doodle

Don Doodle New Member

City, State:
      Fairborn, OH
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2001 Ranger 4x4
      Hi! I just joined; I have a 2001 Ranger 4x4, 4.0L, I have encountered a problem when trying to switch into 4H or 4L. When switching into 4H I can hear the control module click but 4WD doesn't engage and indicator does not light. I just replaced the control module and the shift motor but still have the same problem. If anyone has any help to offer, I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments directly to your posts and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. rackej1

rackej1 New Member

City, State:
      KY
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Ranger '01 XLT
      Hey Don,
      I am having similar problems with the exact truck. My dome light 4wd does not light up anymore prior to starting the truck, and nothing happens when I switch to 4hi or 4lo. If I find anything out I'll let you know...vise versa.
      Jeremy