A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 34 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

iPhone Interfering w/Nav & Sync

Rest assured, you are NOT the only one complaining about the dysfunctional Nav when linked to an iPhone. ( I wrote to Alan Mulally, CEO of Ford. That was a trip!) All I have to do is plug the iPhone into a USB port and the Nav stops working. After disconnecting the iPhone, it can take up to 15 minutes for the system to reset and find my current location. And you're correct, the dealer as no way to remedy this and so far Ford/Microsoft/Nav-Provider have no clue as to how to prevent this either. I'm waiting.......
Love the Explorer, hate the programmers who screwed up so badly!
-Steve-

Overall MFT/Sync is a disappointment

Rebecca-

I am about to start the buyback process for my 2012 X. I have tried all of the things listed above and have had the "Module" replaced two times since April. Still having issues and the tranny problems on top of that is breaking me.

Any suggestions on how to actually get things fixed and not just a bandaid for a few weeks? It is 1yr and 7 months old and has been in the shop 7 times already- now needs to go back for the 5th time in 12 months!

Suggestions please!

Rebecca-

I am about to start the buyback process for my 2012 X. I have tried all of the things listed above and have had the "Module" replaced two times since April. Still having issues and the tranny problems on top of that is breaking me.

Any suggestions on how to actually get things fixed and not just a bandaid for a few weeks? It is 1yr and 7 months old and has been in the shop 7 times already- now needs to go back for the 5th time in 12 months!

Suggestions please!

Hi, PrintGuy73,

Please send me a private message with the SYNC concerns you're having, along with your VIN. Thanks!

Rebecca

Is there any Ford website that identifies the feature or other changes by version number of Sync/MFT releases? e.g. a documented Change List.

Sorry if this has been asked before - but these huge threads with >500 posts are too difficult to trawl through ...

Alan

Is there any Ford website that identifies the feature or other changes by version number of Sync/MFT releases? e.g. a documented Change List.

Sorry if this has been asked before - but these huge threads with >500 posts are too difficult to trawl through ...

Alan
I'm not aware of any but that doesn't mean there isn't one.
For the lastest;

DA5T-14D544-BD Gen2 - V3.6.2

The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:
Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
Simplified graphics and improved usability
Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
Updated SYNC/device compatibility information

Peter

Here is a first photo of newest Sync 2014 version (russian language interface shown)
0PAqufF.jpg

as it was anounced before http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/07/ford-myford-touch-sync-update-again/
Don't ask me what and how. This photo is all I know at this moment.

That article is from last August.

Yes. And photo was taken 2013-03-14 from real Ford Explorer.

Assuming you meant 2014. What's different? Looks the same as mine, except mine is English.

Assuming you meant 2014. What's different? Looks the same as mine, except mine is English.
Do you have three buttons like shown on photo: "i" - "home" - "gears" on the bottom?

Do you have three buttons like shown on photo: "i" - "home" - "gears" on the bottom?

Yes. You get the i if you have navigation.

In North America that version with "i" button has been out for a year.

Nothing new here.

The "i" turns amber color when the Navigation SD card with the map Geodata is removed.

I see that you also do not have the outside temperature display shown to the right of the time display. Do you know what software version you have loaded?

Peter

Do you know what software version you have loaded?

Sure - 4.30.13171
BTW, I see difference in chairs heating buttons and compass sizes in my current and newest versions of Sync.

Sure - 4.30.13171
BTW, I see difference in chairs heating buttons and compass sizes in my current and newest versions of Sync.
That translates to V3.6.2 which is the latest SYNC/MFT update. Just wondering why the screen doesn't show the outside temperature next to the time. The compass is larger on yours because you don't have navigation. With navigation, the compass is smaller and the street name that you are on is displayed below the compass.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With navigation, the compass is smaller and the street name that you are on is displayed below the compass.

Got it, Peter.
And how about seats heating/cooling buttons size?

Back