Anyone with Sync 3 2.0 using Glympse ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone with Sync 3 2.0 using Glympse ?

Cheddar66

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
New to the Forum,
Anyone with Sync 3, 2.0 using Glympse with an iPhone 7, It wont load up on my screen. All the other apps load and work great, like iHeart Radio, Spotify, Pandora.. I have removed and re-installed it several times, and it still wont load up..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New to the Forum,
Anyone with Sync 3, 2.0 using Glympse with an iPhone 7, It wont load up on my screen. All the other apps load and work great, like iHeart Radio, Spotify, Pandora.. I have removed and re-installed it several times, and it still wont load up..
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I don't have a smartphone and don't recall seeing that term used here before. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out with that.

Peter

Did you press the Check for New Apps or Update Apps or whatever it is button on the Apps tab of Sync 3?

It needs to configure some permissions before it interfaces with the car. I'm not sure how or why Ford implemented it as they did, but that's what they do. Make sure the app is running before you hit the button.

I've used it with Android... it has limited functionality on Sync. You have to set up your contact(s) as favorite in order to send a Glympse from Sync. Ironically, Glympse does not work with Android Auto. The phone must be unplugged from Sync for Glympse to work.

Thanks for the replies, I have tried all of the above, even took my wife's iPhone 6s, stated the app, hit the favorite to track my phone, and it still wont load the app onto the Sync 3 screen, with or without the apple cable.

Back