bigger tires | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

bigger tires

R

rocky

I have a 94 xlt 2wd, I have put a 3" body lift on it and want to put 33x12.50s on a 15x10 rim. can i fit them now. what is the cheapest way to fit them if my body lift isnt enough. please help. nobody can give me advice around my town. i heard i could put taller coils in the front and blocks in the rear for 2 more inches. what will be enough for the 33x12.50.would rather not buy a suspension lift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take a look at Joey Jones' Explorer in the featured Explorers section of this area. He has a 3" lift and 33-12.50s. I think there is an email address for him too.

------------------
HIX

I use to run 33x12.50's with only a 3" body lift. I only ran 8.5" wide wheels. If you use a dremel cutter, you can remove your inner plastic fenders that have little purpose anyway. Order a 1.5-2" add a leaf for your rear from James Duff for $55. In the front buy Skyjacker 2" coils, or buy Superlift .25" coil spring spacer plates. You can put up to 4 per coil and I have been told that 3 will somehow lift the front about 1.25". By trimming your inner fenders and your outside trim, you can get away with this and won't even have to buy anymore suspension .

thanks todd i just bought my 33x12.50s BFGs all terrains. i also have just received my 2" coil springs from skyjacker and add aleaf for the rear. all i need now is rims to put my tires on. do i need taller or shocks or can i run the ones i have for right now. they are not factory they are sens a tracs. can i use a 15x10 rim also on this. i appreciate the advice.

Rocky,

I running 31x10.5" tires and also have the Skyjacker Springs with the add a leaf.I also have the SensaTracks. The "stock length" shocks will work fine with that combo.I've had the lift in for about a year now. The only thing I would suggest is replacing the front end bushings with polyurethane ones.
The increased angles of the front axle and the radius arms seem to put more stress on the stock bushings. Goodluck

Rocky,

I running 31x10.5" tires and also have the Skyjacker Springs with the add a leaf.I also have the SensaTracks. The "stock length" shocks will work fine with that combo.I've had the lift in for about a year now. The only thing I would suggest is replacing the front end bushings with polyurethane ones.
The increased angles of the front axle and the radius arms seem to put more stress on the stock bushings. Goodluck

Back