• Register Today It's free!

Can't get fuel filter off...

Fast 96 Asp

Reaction score
City, State
New Hampshire
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
I have the clips and I got the front hose off, but the back one simply will not come off. I have to leave for class in 30 minutes and my Ex is on the lift in the garage. HELP!!!! Why the hell won't the rear fuel line come off?

Edit: I disconnected the switch my the passenger door and let the truck run until it died, but when the front line came off there was still a lot of pressure. Could this be affecting anything? HELPPPPPPPPP

Do you have the fuel disconnect tool? If so is it the plastic or the metal one. I found that the metal ones are far superior than the plastic tools.

Blee1099 said:
Do you have the fuel disconnect tool? If so is it the plastic or the metal one. I found that the metal ones are far superior than the plastic tools.
I have the plastic ones. Many people have said they are much better than metal, and I know its slim, but plactis won't create sparks. This tool has worked fine on my F350. I'm thinking it's because there was still a lot of pressure in the lines. Would that affect the rear line from gas tank>filter? Or is the pressure mostly filter>engine?

Its not pressure (Pressure would actually help the lines come apart) its the tool not reaching all the fingers which are holding the fuel line in place. Check out the
Fuel Filter Removal Thread for lots of info and pics.

Back