Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Carbon metallic or cermaic pads with drilled and slotted rotors?

Discussion in 'Modified 2006 - 2010 Explorers' started by trailblazer295, May 7, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    ?

Which pads???

1. Ceramic

0 vote(s)
      0.0%
    2. Carbon Metallic

100.0%
    1. trailblazer295

trailblazer295 Active Member

City, State:
      Ontario
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      02 Explorer Sport
      Hey guys

I'm looking at different options for my truck. It's technically a daily driver that I don't drive every day as I have a company vehicle for going to and from work. I have 20" stock rims and recently picked up another set of 20"s. Now with the spoke design you can clearly see the rotors and brake assembly. So I'd like a brake setup that will not look like a rusted mess but also performs well. I'll be spray painting the outside edge of the calipers with some black rust paint to improve the look a bit.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. MotorCityFats13

MotorCityFats13 Active Member

City, State:
      Flatrock MI
      2007 Explorer XLT 4.0L
      I run the autozone max pads they list as Premium ceramic and the good thing is after you get past the initial $120 front and rears you dont have to pay for them ever again.... I have this on the awesome ebay special drilled/slotted rotors and it stops great and no fade from 90mph panic stops

4. 66427

66427 Active Member

City, State:
      Clarksville, TN for now
      01 EB
      I put Power Stop Cross Drilled rotors and Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads on all four corners of my 2001 in 2005.
      Literally, 160,000 miles later I have changed the pads twice in the front and once in the rear.
      Braking performance was an immense improvement over stock and virtually no dust problems or noise issues.
      I am looing at a 2010 (hence the reason I am lurking here...) and this will be my first mod if I pull the trigger.

FYI, I need to find if it is a smoker/non smoker vehicle...