Carbon metallic or cermaic pads with drilled and slotted rotors? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Carbon metallic or cermaic pads with drilled and slotted rotors?

Which pads???

• Total voters

trailblazer295

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer Sport
Hey guys

I'm looking at different options for my truck. It's technically a daily driver that I don't drive every day as I have a company vehicle for going to and from work. I have 20" stock rims and recently picked up another set of 20"s. Now with the spoke design you can clearly see the rotors and brake assembly. So I'd like a brake setup that will not look like a rusted mess but also performs well. I'll be spray painting the outside edge of the calipers with some black rust paint to improve the look a bit.

I run the autozone max pads they list as Premium ceramic and the good thing is after you get past the initial $120 front and rears you dont have to pay for them ever again.... I have this on the awesome ebay special drilled/slotted rotors and it stops great and no fade from 90mph panic stops

I put Power Stop Cross Drilled rotors and Performance Friction Carbon Metallic pads on all four corners of my 2001 in 2005.
Literally, 160,000 miles later I have changed the pads twice in the front and once in the rear.
Braking performance was an immense improvement over stock and virtually no dust problems or noise issues.
I am looing at a 2010 (hence the reason I am lurking here...) and this will be my first mod if I pull the trigger.

FYI, I need to find if it is a smoker/non smoker vehicle...

Back