Cobra R wheel/tire question

HotDuck

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT
Hi,

First post here. I will be getting a '02 XLT 4WD from my brother shortly. I've ordered the Ground Force lowering springs and have the opportunity to purchase a set of Ford factory Cobra R wheels (17X9, 24mm offset) and am wondering if those wheels will fit on the vehicle with 275/60/17 tires without the use of spacers.

Thanks for your assistance.

Thomas

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I dont know how diff yours is from a second gen, but I had to trim a hair off of my lower control arms. and with out spacers they DO rub my sway bars.

Im interesetd in the same rims, and have thought about the lightening rims as well, let me know what you find! also, if you can get some pics up with the lowering springs can you e-mail them to me?

Thanks for the info

I decided to go with the Cobra R replicas from Explorer Express as they've assured me that the wheel/tire(275/55/17)/spring combo would fit without clearance problems. By the way, the folks at Explorer Express have been nothing but helpful. Ordered the Mac intake, JBA headers/exhaust, Ground Force springs and replica wheels thru them and the experience has been great so far.

Thomas

some one's credit card is smokin' !!!!!!!!!! :cool:

When you get the wheels may we see some pics? Thanks.

It will be about another month before I pick the car up but I'll try to post some pictures when I bring it home.

Thomas

Back