Colorado Color Run 09/2018 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Color Run 09/2018

What dates in Sept Do you all want? Let us know what weeks you would like for the gathering.

• 09/08 - 09/15

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 09/22 - 09/29

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great, the pics made me want to go even more... Have to start putting setting aside funds, making sure the truck is up to it... etc....

Remember that Mercedes suv with trailer in tow on the top of black bear? Ranger stopped him, and made him turn around. Lol

Base camp at koa is great for this type of trip, with leaving the gear behind securely.

I've been looking at tiny trailers. There is an old one down the road from us for sale that a small car could tow. I'm going to check it out, see just how much space it has and what they want for it. It looks like a fiberglass clamshell on a steel frame. I figure if its cheap enough it'd be easy to lift it and put bigger tires and wheels on it. Even if it just has enough room to sleep in it, it would beat a tent. ;)

I have a little (Well maybe TINY) trailer but it would be good for packing things on it. My Dad Made it. I will get pictures of it and post them up.

Remember that Mercedes suv with trailer in tow on the top of black bear? Ranger stopped him, and made him turn around. Lol

Base camp at koa is great for this type of trip, with leaving the gear behind securely.

I think my teardrop could make it down Black Bear. Some of the 3+ point turns might be a little difficult, but I do think it could make it.

However, I don't think I will try it. ;)

I was just thinking a tiny trailer would be easier to tow, use less fuel, and faster to set up than our bigger camper. Don't really need the big camper as my wife can't get the time off. :(

I was just thinking a tiny trailer would be easier to tow, use less fuel, and faster to set up than our bigger camper. Don't really need the big camper as my wife can't get the time off. :(

That stinks Wife wont make it.

The articulating hitches for the Off road trailers would definitely help on these trails.

Traveler, I think the fuel savings would be out the door, by purchasing another trailer. LOL! Just bring the small one you have now, and set it up at the KOA. Or, you can rent a cabin there, and since the Wife ain't going (bummer), might find someone to share it with for half the bill.

Koa has nice clean hot showers, heated bathrooms, and a small store to get grocery items/ice onsite. Bit pricey, but it's there. They also rent Jeeps by the day or longer if anybody knows someone that wants to go, but doesn't have their rig up to par in time.

I plan on eating out most of the time myself, so camp cooking will be held to a minimum roar. We will be at 8000' elevation, and the night temps will drop and get brisk. So plan that out accordingly if your camping. Getting cold on vacation, will just piss you off, and we don't want that to happen to anybody. :D

Well, normally you'd be right, but I was thinking this thing might only cost a few hundred and it would be useful in other opportunities. I went to look at it and it was posted at 2500.... I was blown away.. Anyway, here is what it looks like. Nice little rig, but not 2500 nice.

0102181338a_HDR.jpg

0102181338b_HDR.jpg

0102181338c_HDR.jpg

But we're getting off track. LOL This is about the CCR..

Our tent.......We usually flat tow our X behind it, but i am hoping to have my car trailer road worthy for this year.

View attachment 153576

Love your Dane. I have a Driver (I am a Driver Manager for trucking company) that has a Dane on her Truck. He is HUGE! He is so much fun seeing him in the office.

OK The poll is closed. The dates we are gonna go for now are Sept 01 to Sept 08. We are gonna see about getting sites reserved and also see about getting this on Facebook to see about getting more people along.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back