CCR2001 (Colorado Colors Run) | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CCR2001 (Colorado Colors Run)

Originally posted by mattadams
I have a feeling that Kristina wouldn't like Black Bear... well, she might, once we get her more used to it.

Kristina, you know full well that I've got no problem with you driving Vegas ;).

ok Matt seems to think that i'm a wuss and wouldn't be able to handle Black Bear gee thanks Matt. :p see if I go on anymore trips with you.

anyways, i'm glad that you have no problems with me driving cause I plan on doing it on just about every trip we go on if there are some easier places to do it in. I'm good for riding but i'm not the best at driving yet. But i'll get better

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Several points about ouray to remember:

1) KOA doesn't like lots of noise after 10pm.

2) National Forest is just up the road; the clearing I stayed in was just *HUGE*, and could of held everyone camping easily, with room to spare.

And it was empty, and free.

Of course, if you want showers/electricity/running water, well, why are you camping then? (just kidding!)

If it's ouray, I'll be staying there again, and I'd like to recommend that's the location for the pot luck (nobody to bother but us!).

Let us prerun before we start a poll

I really think we should do some prerunning before a poll is started...

I know everyone loved ouray and I really want to go there too... But I think we should check out some of the other places first...

I know that Tara and I have been overruled on the date and that is killing our chances of going... One thing about leadville for us is that its only 1.5 hours from Denver and we will try to make that after the plane touches down on Friday... But if its in Ouray there is NO WAY that we'll make it... I'm not flying for 6 hours and then driving for another 6... Just can't do it... Sorry... But I'll happy to do a lot of prerunning for places even if I can't make it...

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sounds good to me. I deleted the poll until after the pre-run.

Time to revive this thread! Our pre-run is done and the Colorado Contingent plans to announce our ideas for CCR2001 by July 1st so that everyone can start making their own plans!

In the meantime, if you'd like to see a few pictures of a couple trails we pre-ran, go to the Leadville Pre-Run thread (starting on page 4)...

HEY! WAKE UP! This thread died!

And it's way past July 1st! What's going on?

I just found out that I HAVE to work Friday. That means I can't make it until Saturday nite and that includes a buttbuster of a ride to get out there as quick as possible. PLEASE put Wheeler Lake and the tougher trails on the agenda for Sunday and Monday, not Saturday, pretty please????

Matt I'm still thinking about Holy Cross if I have 35" MT/Rs on then.

No, tough trails first!

yea!

:D

Some of us here in CO are getting together tomorrow night to finish up... From what we've disussed so far it looks like its going to be an area other than Ouray or Leadville, so those two are out... We'll make an official announcement w/in 48 hours...

Wheeler will be one of the runs and I've already requested it for a Sunday run... That way everyone that wants to can go...

NEW X

I got a 1994 2WD X in december 2001 and I was reely pissed at first, but then I got the radio working. I got the engine runing smoothly (I will kill the man who unpluged my freekin' 02 sensor:fire: ) and finished it off with a CB and two big honkin' firestiks on the roof.
I have realy warmed up to it, and I am planning to drive it over 1000 miles this summer, I hope I can make it on this run. I am a redneck so I can make a 2WD do a lot.
I still wish it was a 4x4. have a nice day.

P.S. If you see an X with two big ass firestiks on the top of it give me a call on the CB

Back