EEC-V Problem?

Lazzman

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Massachusetts
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport 4wd- V6 Sohc
I have reason to believe my computer is not working correctly.

I say this because I have not had a check engine light in two years, when the Ford Dealer changed my plugs and broke the wires by pulling them hard. Truck was misfiring badly, so the light popped on.

Since then I have had a few issues that I caused myself, major Vacum leaks, oiled MAF Sensor probes, Transmission issues, Bogging issues between 3000 - 4000rpm's etc with no sign of the check light.

OBD-II was scanned on several occasions and nothing came up. Even the vacume idle recall with the manifold gaskets did not trigger the light.

How would I know if the computer was not functioning properly? Is there anything I can do to make the computer trip the light?
My truck has 136k mi on it and no lights, I would have thought some sensors would have gone by now.

Lazzman, the old adage comes to mind, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"..... :)

Seriously, I was thinking a blown MIL bulb, but you'd still have codes present if something was wrong. I'd check to see if the MIL lights when you turn the key to start, and pull a spark plug wire to see if that sets a code. If it does, and runs OK I wouldn't worry. Sometimes it takes a fault several consecutive start cycles to show up.....

ROE

Moving the computer section. Can stil be discussed there.

-Drew

Back