BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry! | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

BrianDye's '95 Sport Registry!

Traded my old 95 (4 Door) for a mint 2001 Taurus SES, loved the car, drove great, great on gas, but it made me realize, im an SUV dude, not a car dude. (Unless its a muscle car or something classic :p) I replied to a CL ad, about this 95 Explorer Sport, and the guy called me and told me about it. (There were no pics, nor information besides mileage, and that it needed nothing and ran great) I asked him if he wouldnt mind to email me some pictures of it before I come all that way up there (70mi) and he said he just put some on the ad, so I checked it out, and it looked like my 95's twin before I painted the stuff. One member on here pointed out that the last picture showed the top corners of the REAR doors, so I knew it was the wrong pictures. (I thought it was just the one, but they were all wrong)

So tonight I got there, (he brought it to his house because the dealer was already closed) and brought all the paperwork to transfer plates, and the title and whatnot, but I got there, and this thing was nothing what I expected, it was in MINT condition, chrome wheels shining like theyre brand new, paint looks no older than a year, and everything worked great, drove great, quiet exhaust, 4x4 works, all that good stuff, and only 138k miles. So we traded (signed all the papers, etc)

I cant get over how nice it is, theres nicer ones out there, but damn it wasnt what I was expecting haha.

Its got the stock JBL system, so its gonna be a PITA to put my system in!

SANY0380-1.jpg

SANY0381-1.jpg

SANY0382-1.jpg

(Snow)
SANY0385.jpg

SANY0388-1.jpg

SANY0390-1.jpg

SANY0391.jpg

SANY0392.jpg

I have NEVER in my life though seen such a DUSTY engine compartment
SANY0393.jpg

SANY0394-1.jpg

And I have never (even on newer cars) seen a functioning hood light!
SANY0399-1.jpg

AND a power antenna!!! (Dusty as hell on that side lol)
SANY0400-1.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0393.jpg

UPDATES:

Current Mods: (No order)

1. 3" off road lights behind the grille
2. 7 color changing LED bulbs in the reflectors on the door
3. 12" white LED strips (x4) to replace dome lighting
4. 36 LED reverse bulbs
5. 194 SMD LEDs in the gauge cluster, and temp. controls
6. Tinted taillights (Not the white part)
7. Removed roof rack (the bars, not the actual track yet)
8. Duralast Gold battery
9. Kinetik high power cell behind the backseats
10. Analog Voltimeter gauge in the center console
11. 194 SMD LEDs in the license plate lights
12. Scoche single din dash kit
13. Platimum Battery terminals
14. Removed CD changer
15. Became Elite!!!
16. Installed PAC Amp gain controller (Remote bass knob, uses RCA's) in the dash kit slot
17. Removed all dome light bulbs, still trying to figure something out for them...
18. Ran my own speaker wire until my wiring harness comes in the mail
19. Sanded & painted front wiper arms
20. Put SoundBox in the center console, mounted PS speaker behind grill (See page 4 video)
21. Added a Scosche In-line Noise Supressor (#ES034) Which eliminates bumps, and whining (interference) from speakers/subs etc
22. Ordered my Black Projector headlights! Hopefully ill have them by this week!

Future Mods:

1. 18/20 or 22" Rims
2. Lower 2"
3. Aftermarket CAI
4. Black 1 piece projectors w/ halos
5. 10,000k HIDs in the projectors
6. 10,000k HIDs in the fogs
7. Shave roof rack
8. Limo tint
9. Rear hatch update (98' Style hatch/tails)
10. Black altezza tails
11. LED taillights, and ALL blinkers/running lights
12. 16" flipdown monitor, or 2 10" flipdowns
13. Rust restoration
14. Heated mirrors w/ puddle lights (LED of course:D)
15. Paint the wiper valance
16. Newer style front bumper with cirlce fogs
17. Rollpan in back
18. Color changing underbody LED kit
19. HID Reverse lights!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Voltimeter, Apple sticker, and iPod Classic :) lol
SANY0616.jpg

I can finally listen to the radio!
SANY0617.jpg

SANY0620.jpg

Perfect space clearance
SANY0621.jpg

It looks like theyre touching, but theres a good 1/2" still left
SANY0623.jpg

Bass Knob:
SANY0624.jpg

Oh yeah and I upgraded my owners manual from the old fake leather case :D
SANY0625.jpg

(It was the one from my 01 Taurus that I somehow left in my garage LOL)

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

JBL Stock System<3

...NOT!

JBL=
SANY0593.jpg

VIDEOS:

1. Headunit (No subs, everyone was in bed LOL)

2. "Kinda" Walkthrough of my Explorer

Sorry for the crappy video skills :p:

What do you guys think? All comments/suggestions are welcome!

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

That reflection of me is distored LOL im not that big :p:
IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

And my fav...
IMG_0337.jpg

Thats my buddies green explorer by the way, its a
1993, 96k ORIGINAL MILES! Runs and drives great, brand new paint, no rust

Hes selling it, trying to get $2200 for it, if anyones interested, let me know

keep up good work brian

thanks man

Hell yes I ordered my projectors! :D:D:D I cannot wait til they come in, the sellers warehouse is in Wisconsin I believe it said, so it should be bere by thursday at the latest but hopefully sooner than that lol.

I dont get how they work though, do bulbs already come in the headlights or what? I wanna get HIDs, but I dont know what style bulb to get...

Im also buying my uncles train horn setup, hes got an extra tank with a compressor, all the wiring, I just gotta get the air control valve, and horns, but hes gonna sell me his horns probably because hes getting even louder ones which is ridiculous lol

Im debating on wether or not to order my taillights. Not really sure yet so im just gonna holdoff, maybe til next paycheck ill get them.

Just bought this and waiting on the guy to deliver it he should be here soon lol
000_0061.jpg

Ive heard so many different bulbs for the projectors I ordered im so lost.

It doesnt say anywhere on the ebay listing, nor they're website what bulb style it takes, so I emailed them, WITH the link to the eBay auction and asked what style bulb does the projector take, and he said blah blah 9007 stock bulb plugs right in and swaps, so I said okay, then asked what about the high beam bulb, what does that take, and he said its only one bulb since the 9007's are dual beam, so that right there tells me this guy has no clue what he's talking about. (Saying that theres only one bulb in the housings)

Nvm, after about 2 emails of me telling him there are TWO BULBS IN THE HOUSING he finally talked to his tech guy or something, and found that both bulbs are "H1"

not much of an audiophile but keep it up man lookin nice!

Oh and i used to own a three wheeler...I flipped it 3 times and broke my arm and shoulder...those things get up on two wheels even with the slightest turns... still fun though!!!!1

Whats audiophile mean? Haha I feel stupid now :(

Yea, I got it, and the 2nd day I was already riding wheelies, and riding down the road on 2 wheels :D haha

audiophile - person who loves audio, such as bass, speakers, amps everything you have...haha

yeah i was hittin jumps one day and i came down with the wheel slightly turned to the left, I knew i was going down, quickly muttered a few choice words, and then felt i was going through a washing machine filled with hammers...until i ended up looking at the sky with my arm and shoulder in throbbing pain...the 3 wheeler was done for

Thats what I thought lol....

But dang man sorry to hear that....I dont think id jump anything that has less than 2, or not at least 4 wheels LMAO if that makes sense :p:

(No 3 wheelers!!)

Its quite interesting trying to turn when you have 2 people on that thing lol

haha no worries this was 3 years ago...yeah me and my buddy used to ride that thing all the time. The tires rubbed against the plastic fenders so much they got eaten away one day. it was fun though...I always loved telling people to take it around a tree and watch their face as they almost flipped

Lmfao I can only imagine....when I took it for a test ride when the guy brought it to my house, I turned going about 1/2 a mile an hour...I started to take it at a decent speed at first and had it on 2 wheels and just about messed my pants lmfao

Scheduled Delivery Date: 01/29/2010
Shipped To: NEWPORT, MI, US
Shipped/Billed On: 01/25/2010

...my lights :D

Wow, im so overly pissed right now..

Got home from school today, longest day EVER, because I knew the lights were gonna be on my steps...

Opened them up....and of course they sent CHROME, not BLACK like the eBay auction said, so after about an hour, me and my friend decided to just settle for these ones, specially with the little patience I have (As in sending them back, and waiting another 2 weeks before Id have em), so I was hooking up the wires for the LEDs, and found out that the 2 white LEDs didnt work on the drivers side, then after some wire wiggling, ONE started working. We both decided right there that I wanted to send them back....

This is like a stab in the stomach lol I was so excited, ive wanted these lights since last year :(

specially with the little patience I have

Not going to touch it...not going to touch it...not...going...to...touch...it.

(deep breath)

Just kidding, Bryan. :p: I know how you feel.

Back