Elessar65's new Project: SAS rebuild | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Elessar65's new Project: SAS rebuild

were you welding up or down?? :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Down

Sweet mate!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ok, running into anissue on the drivers side frame rail. It has that funky bulge in it where the steering gear mounts. Its right where I need it to be flat so I can weld on those mounts.
fon9na.jpg

So.... Ideas? I was thinking of plating across and bridging/tying into, the track bar mount making a flat surface that way. What do you think?

do them mounts stick out much or could a flat piece go across all of it ?

fish plate over it to weld on the coil buckets,

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 547

yeah, thats pretty much the idea I am going with. The track bar mount sticks out a little, I am gonna grind it down a bit so its flush with the bulge, and plate across the whole face. Welded to the bulge, the track bar mount, and another piece of 1/4 steel coming out from the frame to make kind of a box to weld the mounts onto.

Well, got the axle back together today. Just have to put the hub/brake stuff on and bolt wheels to it. Hopefully it'll be nice sometime this week (although its not looking like it) and I can get the frame plated on the drivers side and the coil bucket on.

Sometime in there I need to articulate the axle and see how long of shocks I am gonna have to buy too.

Note to self: Next time don't be a freaking dumbass and remember to put the axle shafts in before you Lock Tite the spindles on.....

That's a "Bugger" moment, right there.

Note to self: Next time don't be a freaking dumbass and remember to put the axle shafts in before you Lock Tite the spindles on.....

nelson-haha.gif

That's a "Bugger" moment, right there.

Yeah, lol. I had some choice words for myself when I realized it. :frustrate

I was just... uhhh... test fitting things.....

Oh well, I got the axle together. Just have to get some paint for the new Ruff Stuff diff cover, get that done and installed. Hopefully I will be done with the drivers side frame and coil bucket tomorrow too.

2v8pqag.jpg

Yellow with the smiley face get's my vote. That sound's hella cool!! :) Either that or shark's teeth!

Ok, thats 1 vote...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back