Feature Truck Bobbreadknot 6-15-04 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Feature Truck Bobbreadknot 6-15-04

This feature truck belongs to Jon, one of the US's newest Marines:usa::thumbsup:

My name is Jon Morrison and this is my X.

outside Mods
k&n filter
bug deflector
4 mounted maglights
vent visors
tinted windows
carbon taillights
warrior shackles
edlebrock shocks
12 pilot lights equipped with bigger bulbs
2 baja fogs
2 thin beam lights
3 inch PA BL
35x12.5 BFG A/t

Inside mods
cobra radar detector
alpine 4 way speakers
pioneer flipdown player
2 MA 12"'s
2 channel 1400w amp
NOS swithes for light control
Cow seats :p
and a lucky chicken foot for good luck

487173_15_full.jpg

light switches

487173_14_full.jpg

Lights

487173_6_full.jpg

487173_10_full.jpg

this truck has been through many changes in the last month or so

Stock
487173_33_full.jpg

little bigger
487173_31_full.jpg

and even bigger
487173_44_full.jpg

and now
487173_54_full.jpg

487173_49_full.jpg

Future mods inlcude
SOA
SAS
Blower for a second intake
More backup lights
smaller bumpers for better approach angles
and a locker for the rear
but not having enought time or $$$ they have to wait tell im out of bootcamp.

thats it for now,ill keep yall updated as things go on. :exp:
i would also like to thank everyone on this site for helping turn my dream into a reality. iv waited years for lifted truck and i fiinally did it!
thanks guys :chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:)

Looks good!

I like it..but how did you manage to get those 35s under there with a TT/shackles and a BL? Did you have to do a ton of trimming? Also did you regear? I want to put 35s under mine next time but I am pretty sure I will have to regear. These 3.27s are hardly cutting it with 33s lol.

I remember reading that you're 2wd...did you max out your T-bars to fit those 35's?

Those pictures were 6 lights ago. Here's an updated one. :)

487173_62_full.jpg

Thats the truck to place at the front of the group at night!!! What mods were done to the electrical system(if any) to handle the load?

The light up skull is hillarious! Rock on!

Good luck during training - best of luck and THANK YOU!!

that is so wicked awesome but im also wondering how those 35's fit in there

i was wondering why he hadnt been posting. thats jon for taking care of us. :chug:

LOL, you think he can see at night? Oh my.... I would definately follow and never lead with that one in the pack. Very clean truck. That skull definately makes a statement.

Plus I don't know how lucky that chicken's foot is. Let's ask the chicken that once had it, ROFL........... Nice truck by all means.

It is a very sweet ride.

williecume said:
i was wondering why he hadnt been posting. thats jon for taking care of us. :chug:

For those that don't know, he is not posting cause he is currently at the Marine Corps Basic Training in San Diego, Ca. There is a thread about it in "everything under the sun" in which his gf gives his address if you want to mail him anything.

i know about his truck

this is his g/f...
ok so for all you wondering about the 35s..here it goes...Me and him put them on and yes they just fit. The trimming well lets just say there is nothing left to trim. We took all that we could out and then some. But he cant make sharp turns or it will rub on some metal we couldnt trim. Also he has not regeared. He will be doing that after boot camp along with i belive he said "a solid axel" which im not sure what that is.
The blower well he got it to use it but time and money ran out but he will be putting it to use at some point. Not sure how it works though.
The electrical system for the lights well we did that too. They are just hooked up easy as can be but the like to mess upo here and there by not working now and then. But its what you get for doing something you know only half a$$.

exploreresg/f said:
But its what you get for doing something you know only half a$$.

Ouch!

nice looking truck but have a few problems with it. I was raised on hotrods and anything with that much airbreather sticking outta the hood outta have the ponies to back it up, otherwise it just as much a poser as a ricer. The skull and the 35's rock, but without the power once again we're at poserville. Finally the best headlights I see are on his g/f, Gotta give him credit there, best ride I see.

:chug: :chug:

I didn't see the need for that post. Good lookin ride, Keep on moddin the way you want and don't listen to the naysayers! :chug: :thumbsup:

I think Matt lost his title of Las Vegas btw! :p

JGAMBLE said:
Finally the best headlights I see are on his g/f, Gotta give him credit there, best ride I see.
well this is his g/f..the one on the truck and u can just be quiet adout my so called "headlights". I dont want to here ur opinion on them. :fire: :fire:
JGAMBLE said:
without the power once again we're at poserville.
This truck could never be a "poser truck" so dont down what you dont have and what you dont know. :fire: :nono:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

^

Dont mess with the best or you'll die like the rest?

Great truck by the way, hey wanna give my all those old sets of tires you got??? Your not using them, aww common plz :p

Back