George Washington Nation Forest Run, 9/24/11 | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

George Washington Nation Forest Run, 9/24/11

Looks like the forecast is showing lots of rain all Friday afternoon and probably Sat morning. :thumbsup:

I've got maps now to Spike's and to the Coal Rd meetup point. Guess on Sat morning I'll call up one of you guys on my way out there when I get near Charlottesville and I can go to either place to meet up, depending on how early everyone is getting up.

It's around 3 hours for me to either place, was going to leave my house a bit before 7am to head out there so either way I should be out there around 10

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My vote is come to the camp site;) 10 am seems early to be out wheeln

Just called the Ranger Station and they have told me that Coal Rd and Stoney Run trail are both currently open and are expected to be this weekend also.

Excellent.

More rain, more mud, more fun.

We could meet a little later, but we should get out to the trail before it get to late, in case anything unexpected happens. With 8-vehicles, things will move slowly. With the excitement factor, usually everybody wants to get moving realatively early. Most of will have Friday to brag about our trucks and dogs, so there wont be as much to talk about on Saturday morning.

My Cell # is 804 901-2176.

Are will still all meeting tomorrow at 2:00 at the Route 623 exit off I-64, at the park and ride?

Me and xeek are. If not earlier

wed have to leave around 10.30-11 to be there. richmond itself is 2hrs

We could leave at 12 &still make it but yea i want to leave by 11.going to see Tim at 730 and see if he can do my tires if not i gota go to pungo.they open at 9

Excellent.

More rain, more mud, more fun.
Are will still all meeting tomorrow at 2:00 at the Route 623 exit off I-64, at the park and ride?

Yep I'm leaving here no later than 1:30 its about twenty mins away I will try and leave sooner but will work till noon or so
Packed up minus cold stuff and wife's clothes....

last post

last post until we meet i guess.

i will be doing final pack up early am and will be up there.

i may have miscommunicated about my wife..... she will be up there saturday but she and the dog will stay back at the camp when we are on the trails.

BBQ is cooked and doing the final touches as we speak..... i wll be up at the the house working to get more of the deck in place.... didnt get as much done today as i would have liked.

as to trail time starting...... you guys decide. my earlier suggestion was based on meeting someone there at the trailhead at a specific time.

alright i lied....this is the last post

ok meat you got dibs on the second story of the shed. if you bring a cord (about 75 feet) you can hook up the electric for the ceiling fan, ac etc. i have a cord in the trees that gets it the rest of the way. you will probably change your mind when you smell the mice crap..... i haven't cleaned it out in a while.

i am still leaning towards a farlely early trail time..... turns out it is about 1: 15 minutes to the trailhead. i have others coming to the house to party about 6 so earlier is better for me

Sooooo, not sure i'm going to make it. Depends on if I get me assignments done for work tomorrow. I haven't had time to plan so if i make it hopefully I can follow Ronin8002 down there.

$70 worth of food later im ready.just need to put my skid plates on and have the rear tires balanced and im ready.tested the 4x4 and lockers today and all works well!!;)

no comment about it, so i guess the driveshaft didnt fall out this time :p

Hell no. No way it will fall out now;).drove around also in front wheel drive for about 20 miles too

oh god. just dont drink and feel the urge to do fwd donuts, or else you may need an extended front driveshaft :p

About to test it now!!;p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I still need to check my transfer case and gearbox oil, but hey it is dry under the truck.

I nned to go into the office for a while, these days if I have work to do it goes to the top of my priority list.

Back