GF's car won't start, think it's frozen fuel lines. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

GF's car won't start, think it's frozen fuel lines.

cantspell

Reaction score
City, State
Toronto. Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 xlt
Hello, my GF has a 89 probe, it's workign perfectly, only 50,000 km on it (it was stored previously). Anyways, it's turning over easily, but won't start, where she lives today it's about -30c,. -44 witht he windchill.
i think it's the fuel lines, if so, any idea's of how to fix, she has no sheltered/warm area. any ideas of what to do, of what else it could be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you could try dumping some heat or a similar gas line dryer in the tank. if that doesn't work only other thing I can suggest is putting up some kind of temporary enclosure around the car and use a portable gas heater to thaw it out enough to get it started.

Yeah, a bottle of dry gas would help. Maybe you could rent a 'salamander' (kerosene fueled, electrically fired heater) to blow hot air under the car. That should warm everything up enough to unfreeze the fuel line, if that's what it is. You won't need an enclosure to use it and, actually, it's better than being overcome by fumes.

Good Luck - Dave.

I have never believed that frozen fuel line stuff. Sure the filter could have a bunch of water in it but that would show up on a good day too. Find the pressure test port and see if it has pressure. You can remove the schraeder valve with the same tool found on some bike tube caps. Slip a hose over it and pump some gas into a jug. That will check flow and the contents.

well, after finally listening to me, she had it pushed into a garagea dn it started, she was just above empty...i can't say anyting rude rude here, but really, she's an idot, i did ask her if she had fuel...anyways, thanks for all the help.
Matt.

Back