Have a 2005 Explorer Limited - thinking of gettign 2007... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Have a 2005 Explorer Limited - thinking of gettign 2007...

pcohenchicago

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Il
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Limited
Given what we know about the current models of Fords, Can someone tell me the differences between the 05 Explorer Limited and the 06/07? Is there enough change to make the leap if money were not an issue? I know the engine is much improved. I don't particularly like the console shifter as apposed to the steering wheel - I also don't like the way the door handle operates on the door.

Other than these things, how do you folks feel about the improvments?

I like them alot more IMO, i LOVE the iron man edition. The consol doesnt bother me considering ive had cars and manual shift trucks all my life growing up, so it doesnt make a difference to me. and IMO, i love the door handles. there...well.....different...! Its a matter of opinion. and what your looking at buying vs. what you have.

I traded an '04 for an '06 and I do not regret it at all. The first thing you will notice is how quiet the new vehicle is. The next thing you will notice is the ride improvement, it's a night and day difference. If you get the V8 you will see a remarked power improvement as well as fuel mileage once the motor breaks in. I left IL with 969 miles on the clock and returned home with 4600 on the clock. For the total trip I averaged 19.2 MPG, that was driving I-80 mostly at 85-90 MPH and through the mountains. My new car also has the power running boards and the navigation system. The power running boards are personal preference, I like them, but the navigation system is a must have. The radio is also satallite capable. I hate Sirius so I hooked up my XM and the sound is great. I too did not think I would like the floor mounted shift but once I ran it through its paces in the Rocky and San Juan Mountains of Colorado I quickly learned to appreciate it. I do like the inside door release but I do not like the inside door pull handles. Ford took care of that on the '07's. All in all you will be very happy if you trade up.

Back