Whos Got Snow? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whos Got Snow?

OK, this is funny. Not that I at all mind the input from everywhere but New England....but where is everybody??? Represent, you sissies!! (Except you, Jenn...you're cool.;) )

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We have well over a foot of snow on the ground now & still getting flurries. I have some errands I have to run today so I'm sure I'm gonna have many thoughts of 4X4 moments expecially near the mall area ; )

Looks like I left New England just in the nick of time this year!
This is what I did today:
000_0388.jpg

000_0391.jpg

000_0392.jpg

000_0394.jpg

Sorry couldnt help but to rub it in a little ;)

We had snow on Friday, and it continued throughout the night. I shoveled twice on Friday, and now it looks like a sheet of bumpy ice in front of the house.

Thus why you can never shovel half-assed, no offense. A thin amount of snow on a black surface under any sun will likely melt and refreeze!

I did a very thorough shoveling job, but it kept snowing after I went to sleep. I have no control over what accumulated during the night on my concrete sidewalk.

Hey, I hear ya. It's just that it's a catch-22 most times.

currently 14 below with a 43 below windchill. that's centigrade

They didn't plow even one time, and now it started to snow again. I was surprised that a garbage truck just came by to pick up garbage. They usually come early Saturday morning.

Haha I'm surprised they didn't just go home...

currently 14 below with a 43 below windchill. that's centigrade

Fahrenheit, or it ain't true!!! :D

OK, this is funny. Not that I at all mind the input from everywhere but New England....but where is everybody??? Represent, you sissies!! (Except you, Jenn...you're cool.;) )

Aww thank you Ike. So no snow in AZ yet? I'm shocked that the mountains aren't snow covered by now. They were when I use to live there

Aww thank you Ike. So no snow in AZ yet? I'm shocked that the mountains aren't snow covered by now. They were when I use to live there

The highest parts and northernmost parts got smacked pretty good, but nowhere I am. We may head to Flagstaff to get our snow fix last weekend. But I also recently scored a job down in the valley (woot!) so no snow down there for me, for sure...

Oh yea -1 is supposed to be our high today. With wind chill I think its 25 MPH wind so that gets it to -30 and more.:eek:

So here's somthing to warm you up it's working good for us.;)

Attachments

• pheonix.jpg
    pheonix.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 110

25MPH?

We've got 42mph... Nice!!! :D
Makes watching the 6" of snow that fell last night fun- as it turns it into stinging projectiles. The snow falling here now should land somewhere around Detroit. Ha ha!

DSCF2717.jpg

DSCF2720.jpg

It is currently snowing up. That's windy.

As for Florida- yeah, rub it in. We never see THIS in Michigan... ;)

florida_hurricane.jpg

snowed in vegas last week when i left nd to get away from the snow for a week and it snows there duh

25MPH?

We've got 42mph... Nice!!! :D
Makes watching the 6" of snow that fell last night fun- as it turns it into stinging projectiles. The snow falling here now should land somewhere around Detroit. Ha ha!

DSCF2717.jpg

DSCF2720.jpg

It is currently snowing up. That's windy.

As for Florida- yeah, rub it in. We never see THIS in Michigan... ;)

florida_hurricane.jpg

You might not get any of those (we do here on rare occasions), but right now it's 10 degrees with a wind chill factor of minus 6 in Monroe, MI (That's where my oldest girl is living now with her fiance, my brother took her out there this weekend), I can deal with snow, not extreme cold. We are under a wind advisory tonight for wind gusts of 20-30 MPH, you won't get me out of the house when it's windy like that, damned cold cuts right through you

As for good old Middletown, CT we received about 12-14 inches of snow this weekend, I haven't seen that much snow in quite a long time. Had to come home from work Friday in 4x4 because it was just so bad out and it's also hard as hell to get up the street that ours is off of because it's a hill and you get all the idiots that think that flooring your gas pedal is going to get you up the hill and they get stuck

I went to Florida last year for Christmas to visit my brother and it was like 82 on Christmas Day, we had a Christmas picnic in the park, while it was nice, to this New Englander, Christmas and snow go hand in hand.

*sings* I'm dreaming of a white Christmas, just like the ones I used to know

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Snow on New Years Eve almost as bad as the snow before Xmas...I can't take it!!! I wanna be where it's warm :(

Back