Help pats system 2002 ford explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help pats system 2002 ford explorer

Saddy Sam

Reaction score
City, State
Louisiana Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer
I'm new to this forum. So in a crazy trade I own this ford explorer. The couple got into a fight and the only key to it, is in the bottom of the Mississippi. ..only key..so my son put in a new ignition with a key that's not programed to the pats system. The lights on dash all come on but won't crank over..can anyone please tell me how to get it to accept the key??without a dealer. I need it up and running bad. I sear he'd Google and you tube,no luck at all. My brain now is in same condition as this explorer it's in lock down mode

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you may want to check for a local locksmith some can cut & program keys but not sure they're any cheaper then a dealer. I had a similar situation went to ford dealer and they cut and programmed the key for about $35

you may want to check for a local locksmith some can cut & program keys but not sure they're any cheaper then a dealer. I had a similar situation went to ford dealer and they cut and programmed the key for about $35
Thanks. My nephew has a programed that hooks explorer to laptop. Hopefully he can do that. . The programed take 50 dollar tokens to make it work. He said 500 dollar programer, just didn't know if there was something easier.

Question on replacement keys. | Ford Explorer and Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

Oops, sorry OP.

ONE programmed (NOT CLONED) key is required for ForScan programming. Oh well. :banghead:
Question on replacement keys. | Ford Explorer and Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

Oops, sorry OP.

ONE programmed (NOT CLONED) key is required for ForScan programming. Oh well. :banghead:
Thanks i will have him try when I get the money for that token. If it does work il post what he did and what programer. The dealership wants to much to do this. If it don't work on the other hand ill also post that. Thanks for the reply .

Back