help transmision issues | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

help transmision issues

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update the junkyard trans was pouring fluid out of the front seal w. Pulled it again and took it to a shop he said he wouldnt even touch it because how bad it smelled so he gave us a seal and said just smack it in evenly we did put it back in and it is working great soon. I can know pull a trans in about 1 1/2 - 2 hours

Update the junkyard trans was pouring fluid out of the front seal w. Pulled it again and took it to a shop he said he wouldnt even touch it because how bad it smelled so he gave us a seal and said just smack it in evenly we did put it back in and it is working great soon. I can know pull a trans in about 1 1/2 - 2 hours

Nice man , Glad to hear that , I may do that to the Bronco II trans I have here , How hard was the seal to remove , I have a leak at one of the servo covers and the pan gasket I need to address too . not having OD does kind of suck with 33"s

I took the bell housing off and my buddy got it off with a flathead by the time i found a p
Ick then we hit it on with a thing used for a press that was the same size as the seal all together i spent 4 bucks on the bellhousing gasket p.s dont get one from orielly they wanted 90 bucks for the set i went to the trans shop and got it i probably could have got it free but 4 bucks was great

I took the bell housing off and my buddy got it off with a flathead by the time i found a p
Ick then we hit it on with a thing used for a press that was the same size as the seal all together i spent 4 bucks on the bellhousing gasket p.s dont get one from orielly they wanted 90 bucks for the set i went to the trans shop and got it i probably could have got it free but 4 bucks was great

Nice , I will see what I can get locally , Think I checked auto zone for the seal at one time ,but didn't check for the bell housing gasket . Like the pics you loaded on your profile , that sas Is Sick Man I Dig It ! .

I couldnt find the seal anywhere but the guy at the shop just gave it to us. Haha thanks she wheels great but i dont have a front dshaft so right know its 2wd

sound like the TC is not seated in. The way you know you got it all the way in is it goes in and stops then you have to wiggle and it moves in then stops and the last time it will thunk in place. you will know after the tran is in place you will have to pull the TC about 2" to be able touch TC plate on the motor . if it was touching you have pull it back and do it again .

Well trans blew same as last one lost all gears but reverse then the motor over heated and think motor is done so its 5.0 swap time

Well trans blew same as last one lost all gears but reverse then the motor over heated and think motor is done so its 5.0 swap time

dang man sorry to hear that , but the 5.0 swap sounds cool , take a bunch of pics and notes for us here lol

i will definettly my buddy has a wrecked 92 bronco and hes gonna give me motor trans trans case ecu inner harness and outer for 350

Back