How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner?

Not sure if this forum will let me post pics but I will take some tomorrow and try to post them. I just removed the chrome things on the back for the exhaust pipes come out. I hate chrome and that was the only chrome on the car. The Livernois exhaust is very good looking. I got the black tips. It comes right to the edge and looks very good on the car. I would say the exhaust tip is about as big as your fist. About and inch or so on either side. Yes I did get CAI. I got the full package from Livernois.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@Livernois

Are there any plans for a more useful tuner? I'm really on the fence between your tune and a Livewire. Seems like for the same price, the Livewire provides more functionality. Appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Tony

Heres My 2016 Sport. I live local to Livernois and have stopped in multiple to pick up all my parts. Everyone there is always very helpful and informative! I have almost every part from them except the cat back system. I now have 14,000 miles on my car and haven't had one issue! @Livernois

Mods
- Livernois Windstorm Bundle
- Livernois Lowering Springs
- Livernois Catted Downpipes
- Velgen VMB5 Wheels

15303996_10154769190373114_1387123859_o.jpg

15385522_10154769346453114_4757331044532252647_o.jpg

632EA8BE-0371-4DA1-9F25-EE8D22D0051D.JPG

C6A276C7-AEB8-4743-AB77-0297861BCA39.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0297.JPG

Hi, I just got a 2016 red Xsport. It was leased so it already has 35k miles on it. I added a extended bumper to bumper warranty to 75k miles.

I would like to do a tune but am worried it will hurt the engine? Has there been many people that have had problems just by doing the tune?

I would most likely go with Livernois tune. I have no interest of doing anything else especially exhaust.

Also I highly assume this will void that extra warranty I bought?

Hi, I just got a 2016 red Xsport. It was leased so it already has 35k miles on it. I added a extended bumper to bumper warranty to 75k miles.

I would like to do a tune but am worried it will hurt the engine? Has there been many people that have had problems just by doing the tune?

I would most likely go with Livernois tune. I have no interest of doing anything else especially exhaust.

Also I highly assume this will void that extra warranty I bought?

You can reflash back to stock if you need to take it in for warranty work. The number of computer flashes is detectable by Ford but most techs aren't likely to check. It's still a gamble and probably only would be checked if you needed a full motor replacement.

I have ordered and will be installing a Magnaflow Cat Back next week and have also ordered the Livernois Tuner. Will let you all know how this combo works out.

Heres My 2016 Sport. I live local to Livernois and have stopped in multiple to pick up all my parts. Everyone there is always very helpful and informative! I have almost every part from them except the cat back system. I now have 14,000 miles on my car and haven't had one issue! @Livernois

Mods
- Livernois Windstorm Bundle
- Livernois Lowering Springs
- Livernois Catted Downpipes
- Velgen VMB5 Wheels

View attachment 94648

View attachment 94649

View attachment 94650

View attachment 94651

View attachment 94652

View attachment 94653

Just to let you know, I think you have a very clean Sport! BUT......... I should be pi$$ed off at you, I like these rims so much I just bought some for my black Sport in "gun metal gray". It was a toss up on the black or gray but so many people out here have black rims I just wanted something different. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Just to let you know, I think you have a very clean Sport! BUT......... I should be pi$$ed off at you, I like these rims so much I just bought some for my black Sport in "gun metal gray". It was a toss up on the black or gray but so many people out here have black rims I just wanted something different. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

LOL Because of @ken60631, not only did i buy a set of Velgen MB6's, I bought his entire Livernois Set Up! Come to the dark side, @DMG632 :p

IMG_1690.JPG.jpeg

LOL Because of @ken60631, not only did i buy a set of Velgen MB6's, I bought his entire Livernois Set Up! Come to the dark side, @DMG632 :p

View attachment 97283

I have given some thought on doing the complete Livernois upgrade, but time and money is short right now. I have two projects that I want to complete before the end of fall, 1956 Ford pick-up and a 40 Merc lead sled both need a complete interior......

Someone posted a Utube video with the custom exhaust. Pretty cool sound.

Wheels look AMAZING on your car! I'm glad I could help you make bad decisions! :)

Costing and shipping to Canada. Local dealer? Installation? or should I just take a drive down the 401 and pop in?

Costing and shipping to Canada. Local dealer? Installation? or should I just take a drive down the 401 and pop in?

Dont ship anything up to Canuckistan, since your close drive down and see the guys at Livernois.

Does anyone know if we contact @Livernois through the forum do we get any sort of discount on the package we choose?
Thanks

I am running the Livernois Tuner on my 2016 Explorer Platinum. I am running the 93 octane performance tune and have a magnaflow cat back exhaust, CAI, 3 bar, and even-flow thermostat. I am receiving a DTC U024B on my tuner. Does anyone know what this indicates and if I need to do something? Do not want to take it to the dealer.

I am running the Livernois Tuner on my 2016 Explorer Platinum. I am running the 93 octane performance tune and have a magnaflow cat back exhaust, CAI, 3 bar, and even-flow thermostat. I am receiving a DTC U024B on my tuner. Does anyone know what this indicates and if I need to do something? Do not want to take it to the dealer.

I just cleared mine from my Tune and it hasn't re-appeared.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back