Hub assembly falling apart!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hub assembly falling apart!!!!!!!!

Hey uhhhh storlied, your hub is seizing. Just thought I'd let you know since you know, elephants radiate heat through their ears. Okay bye.

God you're weird.... lol...

Wheel is wobbling? You're about where I'm at..... I'm scared to drive the thing... and not even over controlability issues... I just don't want something to break... lmao.... Man... what next? Oh yeah... wheel bearing, driver's side.. rear axle is making noise... just great...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

God you're weird.... lol...

Wheel is wobbling? You're about where I'm at..... I'm scared to drive the thing... and not even over controlability issues... I just don't want something to break... lmao.... Man... what next? Oh yeah... wheel bearing, driver's side.. rear axle is making noise... just great...
Looking at your avatar, I really don't understand why things should be failing storlied.... :p:

Premier - LOL, I love the CV death toll in your signature. If only I had kept count. Maybe I can look back through pics to figure mine out.

PS - I bet under the right conditions letting the wheel bearing fall apart you could some how break the CV axle and then loose the wheel. Don't forget, if you loose a wheel while driving it takes the brakes with it. Makes it hard to stop.

Lmao!... Whoops..... ANYWAYS..........

Some how last year on the run at Comanche Ridge I sheared a CV axle. I didn't find it out until weeks later. Looking at a video from the trip I was :scratch::scratch::scratch: wondering why my tire that was raised up in the air wasn't spinning.

Usually I break the outer CV joint, not the shaft.

IMG_03341.jpg

Oh gez... how does that happen?

This is what happens when it fails then seizes then catches on fire..

9101spindle.jpg

Upper joint failed..
9101sidewall.jpg

CV catches on fire after it seizes to the hub..
9101cv2.jpg

Omg... I think I'm going to go outside and inspect!

Omg... I think I'm going to go outside and inspect!

lol.. Mine failed on the highway.. All of a sudden.. Try doing 75 then coming to a quick stop when truck drivers get you on the CB saying your right front is on fire.. By that time it was too late.. it had already seized..

Omg... I would have freaked... how did you keep your truck straight?

Ben is known for forgetting to use the KY jelly! :D

Yeah thanks to Amy I have tons now.. :rolleyes:

Omg... I would have freaked... how did you keep your truck straight?

How did I keep it straight.. I didn't.. Hell I fought like hell trying to keep it from going straight into the jersey wall/guard rail.. I remember by the time it was too late, the tire popped, I went straight toward the side of the road thinking "oh fawk" "oh fawk". I remember the tow truck driver looking and saying hmm.. I think your ball joint failed.. gee you couldn't tell from the huge ass hole in the sidewall which lined up with the balljoint..

Wait... I thought you had a 1st gen?

Aw.... damn..

How is it going from a 2nd gen to a 1st gen?

This is hopeless.. It's getting colder and colder.. What could break while trying to do this at -20? -_-''

What could break while trying to do this at -20? -_-''
Confidence, motivation, desire, drive, disposition, encouragement, impulsion, inclination, interest, predisposition, persuasion, provocation, stimulus, spur .. and so on :)

Maybe it's time for a solid axle =P this front end is too much trouble...

stop whining :p

seriously, it will take maybe an hour to do this if you have never had it apart before.

stop whining? do you have Any idea how cold is it outside?

Either way.. still waiting on the part..

(Now that I think about it, the driver's side has never had any work done, only the passenger side)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah doesn't take long.. Even without power tools.

Back