I need a vote on who likes my new Altezza's and who doesnt.... | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I need a vote on who likes my new Altezza's and who doesnt....

What route do you think i should go???

• Keep the Altezza's?

Votes: 40 29.6%
  • Go back to the stockers?

Votes: 95 70.4%

• Total voters
I also have a red explorer, and since you asked for opinions, mine is that the clear with chrome Altezzas look out of place on a red truck. I think they look fantastic on a white one though. I am looking at either the carbon fibers or the black ones for my red 98. Just my humblest opinion.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats cool hotdog. That was what I was asking for when I got them. When I first installed them I couldnt decide whether they gave the truck a good or bad accent. After I had them on for a while I just kind of said to heck with it and left them on. But if I still had that truck and I got to do it over again I would have smoked the rear tails. That way they would kind of match the dark theme of the red paint and the black window tint. With my new explorer I will be getting the black carbon fiber rears. And if for some reason I cannot find those then I will just smoke the stockers dark.

IMO, you should keep them and darken them. Do it like Hartman's 1st photo shop pic. It would look pretty cool then.

or just the carbon fiber ones...i think those would look pretty sweet on that red...or like eveyrone else sayes darken them

I think some of you guys are not reading right, his red 5.0 explorer was TOTALED :roll: . He now drives an '03 Black Explorer. Just though I might try to clarify some things. :)

Yeah Scott I tried to nonchalantly slide in the fact that the truck they were commenting on is in the junk yard right now. lol. But it is ok. Gives people something to do and talk about. lol. All I can say is that my plans for this new gen explorer are to either get the black carbon fiber tails or to smoke my existing tails. Monotoned paint job and about $20,000 under the hood are also in the works too.

I say smoke your tails on the black X. btw, I have 3 videos of I believe your old 5.0 on my computer that i found on this site. I have shown them to all my friends and they think it was the sweatest X that they have ever seen! :thumbsup:

I have the exact same altezzas on my red X and i think they look fine. The link for the pics are in my sig.

snocross1985 said:
I say smoke your tails on the black X. btw, I have 3 videos of I believe your old 5.0 on my computer that i found on this site. I have shown them to all my friends and they think it was the sweatest X that they have ever seen! :thumbsup:

Hey thanks alot Scott. I love my new X. But I do miss my old one sometimes.

I would keep them and maybe lower the truck an inch or 2. They look real good on red cars, IMO. I want to get some for my white truck (A Sport just like mine in my freinds apartment has them, their so awesome). Im gonna buy some off EBay for like $50 though...sorry. Id keep them they look good on the red (way better than stockers).

I think those rims would look better on a lighter color body paint. But I agree with most others, your rims need tint to go better with the paint

X24 said:
Are you saying that you did this James? Cause if you did, I would like to know how you did it.
You can spray paint the amber bulbs silver. They'll still flash amber, just have less of a brightness. I think you're required to have amber blinkers front and back anyways.

One of my friend's has those exact ones. I like them

quick question for the tinting of the tail lights i would like to do this to my 94 but im reluctent to do it cause they dont "shine" like they do before you paint them they get that dull look is there anyway around that to have shiny tinted lenses ? thanks

thewishkah said:
quick question for the tinting of the tail lights i would like to do this to my 94 but im reluctent to do it cause they dont "shine" like they do before you paint them they get that dull look is there anyway around that to have shiny tinted lenses ? thanks
The reason to tint them is to give them a darker, duller look. Spraypaint them if you want them shiny.

thewishkah said:

They look AWESOME if you clearcoat the tails after tinting. I used 5-6 coats, waited a few days for the clearcoat to harden and then wet sanded followed by a coat of wax. They look great. I much prefer them to stock 98-01 tails.

Whatever you do, use the tinting spray sparingly. 2 coats is probably all you need. I did a set with 3 coats and they were too dark for my tastes.

I like them on your truck.They go with the color and the wheels.Though not for everyone.....On the right truck the look great,good thing you got the right truck.

I do not like crome. Carbon fiber would be better.

get rid of them
plain and simple

that's my vote

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TJM623 said:
get rid of them
plain and simple

that's my vote

I think he did. Read the posts.

rocket 5979 said:
Yeah Scott I tried to nonchalantly slide in the fact that the truck they were commenting on is in the junk yard right now. lol. But it is ok. Gives people something to do and talk about. lol. All I can say is that my plans for this new gen explorer are to either get the black carbon fiber tails or to smoke my existing tails. Monotoned paint job and about $20,000 under the hood are also in the works too.

rocket 5979 said:
Hey thanks alot Scott. I love my new X. But I do miss my old one sometimes.

Back