Photos - Georgia Pass & Peak 10 (a couple pics) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Photos Georgia Pass & Peak 10 (a couple pics)

2TimingTom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Littleton, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
..........ok, a TON!

Hit the trails again yesterday with some people from work and theluke19. We headed up Georgia Pass outside of Jefferson, CO to head over to the Breckenridge area where we were going to drive up the ski area at Breckenridge to Peak 10.

It was a beautiful day to escape the heat of the city and get up in the mountains from some spectacular views.

Top of Georgia Pass
GeorgiaPass01.jpg

GeorgiaPass03.jpg

We had 5 vehicles in our group:
GeorgiaPass02.jpg

A Jeep Wrangler (Sahara Edition), Lexus Landcruiser, Hummer H1, my '97 and theluke19's '05 Sportrac.

Water goes to one side or the other:
GeorgiaPass09-continentialdivide.jpg

The H1 never goes on the trail without the hood coming up:
GeorgiaPass08.jpg

He discovered the oil fill cap went missing. We rigged something up with the bottom of a water bottle and some bailing wire to make a temporary cap.
GeorgiaPass04-Hummerairdown.jpg

We set off intending to do this ribbon of trail called Glacier Ridge but it got closed down:
GeorgiaPass11-GlacierRidge.jpg

GeorgiaPass14.jpg

Stopped at a little lookout point for a bit:
GeorgiaPass20.jpg

GeorgiaPass24.jpg

GeorgiaPass25.jpg

GeorgiaPass26.jpg

GeorgiaPass29.jpg

GeorgiaPass31.jpg

GeorgiaPass34.jpg

GeorgiaPass37.jpg

The first of 3 fun water holes to play in:
GeorgiaPass49.jpg

GeorgiaPass50.jpg

GeorgiaPass51.jpg

After some lunch in Frisco, we headed out to the Breckenridge ski resort to climb to the top. The trail isn't well identified that you can drive up to the top, but there is a clear and established road the whole way up.
Peak1009.jpg

Peak1011.jpg

Peak1012.jpg

Peak1016.jpg

Peak1019.jpg

Peak1024.jpg

Peak1023.jpg

These tracks point straight at an old weather station on the spine of the mountain ahead of us- that's where we are going:
Peak1028.jpg

The actual road to the top had a ton of fun switch backs.

An old mine building:
Peak1029.jpg

Peak1030.jpg

Peak1031.jpg

This pic looks down to where the pic of the tracks pointed at the weather station was taken:
Peak1032.jpg

Near the top:
Peak1033.jpg

Peak1034.jpg

Peak1035.jpg

Peak1036.jpg

Peak1037.jpg

Peak1038.jpg

Peak1039.jpg

Here are all the switchbacks coming up:
Peak1040.jpg

theluke19 selecting a little reverse on the switchback:
Peak1044.jpg

Peak1042.jpg

Peak1046.jpg

Peak1047.jpg

Matchbox cars????:
Peak1050.jpg

Peak1058.jpg

Peak1055.jpg

Peak1056.jpg

Peak1052.jpg

Peak1059.jpg

Peak1060.jpg

Peak1061.jpg

Peak1063.jpg

Peak1064.jpg

Before we headed all the way down, I had to get a picture with my Ex at the top of a lift:
Peak1065.jpg

Peak1066.jpg

Peak1067.jpg

The group at the end:
Peak1068.jpg

And then on the way home I decided to head up Loveland Pass instead of taking I-70 straight home:
LovelandPass.jpg

Awesome way to spend the day. Hope to get a couple more in before winter takes over.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Awesome pics, looks like a fun time. But I see a bunch of trucks with boring or missing light covers! Lol

Good pictures!
We were just a few miles from you guys. We should try to hook up next year about the same timeframe.

Funny---we pulled into the campsite Friday night, and my wife mentioned smelling burning plastic odor. I popped the hood to see the oil fill cap sitting on the exhaust manifold. I salvaged enough to make it work. I wonder if the constant vibration from the road loosened it. I may not have had it tightened down real well either.

Wow- those are some really, really good pics! :thumbsup:

Thanks (although you're probably referring to Luke's pics).

It was one of those trips that I'm still basking in the afterglow of how cool and how much fun it was. I want to go again.

Yeah, they claim they are "oh so busy" and can't upload their pics in the evening.

Any thoughts for a trail run toward the end of the month to go check out all the aspens changing colors (the irony of the CO native asking the guy from TX where to go)?

I'm thinking something close like Yankee Hill, Kingston Peak or Bill Moore Lake or something. Saxon Mountain....

Back