Looking to interview owners | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking to interview owners

Noved87 said:
If you want to improve your gas milage a little for relativly cheap i would recomend a tornado they give you a little more HP too

If you believe that the Tornado will help you get more HP, then I have some beach front property in Kansas for sale. It has been proven on this site that it does not produce and consistent improvement.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, he needs an electric torbo as well. The two together will make it super fast. :D

remember if you use that tornado below the equador you have to turn it upside down due to the reverse rotation of a low pressure area. If you live north of the equator your bath water spins in one direction when draining. south of the equator it spins the reverse direction, It has something to do with mayonise HA HA

Blee1099 said:
If you believe that the Tornado will help you get more HP, then I have some beach front property in Kansas for sale. It has been proven on this site that it does not produce and consistent improvement.

I got some, Ocean Front Property in Arizona. From my porch you can see, the sea - George Strait ;)

Noved87 said:
If you want to improve your gas milage a little for relativly cheap i would recomend a tornado they give you a little more HP too

You have to be kidding right ?

davidmmm69 said:
do not know as i do not drink. that stuff has a bad taste...

Thats what they have zima for I guess, I think you can even put a jolly rancher in the bottom to sweetin it up ;)

He, or she is with the New York Times.

We own three vehicles a 2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Dualie with a Cummins diesel a 2004 Mach 1 Mustang which makes 305HP and our '93 Explorer.

Our daily drivers are the Mach 1 and the Dodge. My Dodge gets about 15MPG combined mileage and our Mach 1 about 18MPG. My wife commutes 100 miles a day, she's filling up the Mustang every other day. I drive considerably less and fill up once a week.

Do we like paying high prices for fuel? No. Do we wish fuel was back down to $1.50 a gallon or less. We certainly do. My wife and I were going over our finances and we couldn't figure out why we weren't able to save money lately. The reason... The "extra" money is going in the tank, which might as well be going down the toilet.

My greatest wish, a President with the guts to say "we need to severe our dependence on non-renewable resources and develop a renewable technology within the next 10 years. Sort of a modern version of Kenndy's quest to land on the moon.

I had a ford focus before my explorer which made over 30 mpg. Do i miss the focus and its good fuel economy? yes.

Would i trade my explorer for the focus? no.

It sucks, but im not starving or anything.

I'm acctually getting rid of my explorer to get a bigger SUV ('01 Yukon) It's nice when your parents pay for gas.

Doubt Incarnate said:
I slowed down my driving mostly due to depression. My entire family sucks and they drag me down, so I tend to think about how much they suck and how I cant wait to get away from them and as my mind wanders dangerously and my foot comes off the pedal.

Dude.. you need to go get drunk or laid or something.

I realize that my SUV destroys everything while Hondas cause flowers to grow and help kids get good grades in school. But I like to haul stuff and go camping and pull a trailer. If gas prices were a major concern to me I wouldn't have gotten the Explorer. I got rid of a Honda Accord to get it. I don't drive a lot but that's because I don't have to, not because of gas prices. I agree with Rick though, I would like to see less dependence of foreign oil. However I don't think it's the President's fault as he wants to drill in Alaska last I knew (which according to US Geological Survey has enough oil to equal 30 years of our current dependence on oil from the middle east). That's another discussion though....
Gas prices are higher than they were in the past. Wood is higher than it was, steel is higher too! Hmmm.... a lot of stuff costs more now and people still use it. People like SUVs and will pay the price to drive them. I will probably not get an SUV next time. I will likely get a pickup truck that has a bigger engine and may get worse mileage.

hello , i have the 4.0 1992 explorer xl2 and i must admit the gas consumption is minor compared to my old 1986 bronco 2 with a V6.....the bronco had carb , the explorer has injected.....even with the bronco's smaller engine and lighter weight , the explorer spares it times 2!

jasonb said:
I agree with Rick though, I would like to see less dependence of foreign oil. However I don't think it's the President's fault as he wants to drill in Alaska last I knew (which according to US Geological Survey has enough oil to equal 30 years of our current dependence on oil from the middle east).

I wasn't talking about eliminating our dependance on foreign oil. I'm talking about eliminating the need for fossil fuels altogether. I believe in technology. I believe we can have high performance vehicles which will cost practically nothing to operate. I think the only thing that is keeping big business from developing such technology is the cozy relationship between the oil companies, auto manufacturers, and our government. If we were buying vehicles which never, or only rarely needed to be refueled a lot of powerful people would be very unhappy. And yes, I believe it is the Presidents responsibility to point the way towards this type of technological advancement, again like Kennedy did by giving our country the incentive to put man on the moon.

Funny...................my brother came in the other day and asked, what did you pay for gas? ......................um, $20.00, the same thing I always pay.

gas prices arent too expensive around here but i'd say fuel consumption influences my buys a bit: i used to drive a 1g Honda CRX, tiny 2 seater car pulled over 30 mpg, but any weight in the back and the suspension bottomed out, plus icy streets here made me very uncomfortable since 3/4 of the population here drives 1/2+ ton trucks, so on to the K5. as a 2nd vehicle, big brute, i could haul loads and have fun offroading but 20$ only got me back and forth to work for 3 days (i only live 3 min drive from work), so now i have a happy medium, can haul large objects family oriented vehicle good price and i dont care that it uses more than my honda, because it accomplishes differant tasks than a car is meant to and it still doesnt drink like the K5 did

This is my last 20mpg vehicle. My next will be a ~40mpg car.

The main reason is that I take it long distance, its the contrast of spending $200 on fuel compared to spending $90 or less.

Rick said:
We own three vehicles a 2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Dualie with a Cummins diesel a 2004 Mach 1 Mustang which makes 305HP and our '93 Explorer.

Our daily drivers are the Mach 1 and the Dodge. My Dodge gets about 15MPG combined mileage and our Mach 1 about 18MPG. My wife commutes 100 miles a day, she's filling up the Mustang every other day. I drive considerably less and fill up once a week.

Do we like paying high prices for fuel? No. Do we wish fuel was back down to $1.50 a gallon or less. We certainly do. My wife and I were going over our finances and we couldn't figure out why we weren't able to save money lately. The reason... The "extra" money is going in the tank, which might as well be going down the toilet.

My greatest wish, a President with the guts to say "we need to severe our dependence on non-renewable resources and develop a renewable technology within the next 10 years. Sort of a modern version of Kenndy's quest to land on the moon.

Bush has said that 1,000 times, the problem is that its not possible at the moment. Research needs to take place, although we won't see results of 30 years or so.

Rick said:
...And yes, I believe it is the Presidents responsibility to point the way towards this type of technological advancement, again like Kennedy did by giving our country the incentive to put man on the moon.

This might not make a lot of difference, but I'm not exactly sure what direct impact putting a man on the moon had to do with my day to day life. I often ponder the amount of money spent at NASA, and if we cut funding for space exploration by an 1/8th - 1/4th or so, we could direct that towards eliminating big city traffic jams which would reduce the waste of fuel, and would have a positive effect on the enviroment. A recent study said the average Houstonian spends 60+ hours in traffic a year, that is a huge amount of waste.

Doubt Incarnate said:
I slowed down my driving mostly due to depression. My entire family sucks and they drag me down, so I tend to think about how much they suck and how I cant wait to get away from them and as my mind wanders dangerously and my foot comes off the pedal.

This may be the single most pitiful post I've ever read.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 99 XLT w/ 5.0 really sucks the fuel and it really stings my wallet at the pump. I used to have a problem w/ engine knock when I would use 87 octane, so I used 89 octane w/ no problems. After I put the chip in, I discovered it doesn't knock with 87 octane, so that helps quite a bit. But my 2000 Prelude, which requires a minimum of of 91 octane, also stings at the pump. Nonetheless, my driving habits haven't changed one bit - I still drive like a bat out of hades. When I bought these vehicles, I knew their fuel economy was garbage. I also lived thru the "energy crisis" in the seventies and I knew how unstable the oil producing countries in the middle east were. I made my decisions, I stand by my decisions and I am happy with my decisions. I don't complain about fuel prices.

Back