Magnaflow down pipes 23311 and 23312 for the 5.0L | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Magnaflow down pipes 23311 and 23312 for the 5.0L

I got mine through AdvanceAutoParts and there part numbers are 1E22317379 and 1E22317373

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They were about $600 in 2011 and the rest i pieced together from summit racing

IMG_20120808_222548.jpg

Maybe ill go to town with a dremel and hack off the one side and get a true 2.25" pipe on there.

The Dremel idea is interesting, but first look at the opening size of the exhaust manifolds. If those are also under 2.25", then spending time on the down pipe opening doesn't help much right there. I'd try to make it evenly sized throughout.

I was browsing for a next muffler for my work truck, knowing a 2.5" size would be good for that, 306 when I get that done. The mufflers I have to put in my good SUV(Black Coal I've named it), have 3" outlets and 2.5" inlets(2). The next size down is 2.25" twin inlets with a 2.5" outlet. That's good, as I was expecting, but pictures show they go into the identical muffler case, and cost almost $20 more. I'll save money and use what I have, adapt the pipes near the mufflers, and it'll work the same. The idea is, use what you have if it saves you time or money, and does basically the same thing. Merry Christmas,

Well I think the torque monster headers have 2.25" outlets for sure and I do have a 306. Pretty stock rebuild though. Decked heads just to clean them up. Ill probably try to make these down pipes decent and run them through the magnaflow muffler I've got already. Secondary cats are already gone. Tail pipe broke too so ill be getting the dynomax 2.5" stainless stock pipe to get rid of the 2.25" crush bent junk on there now.

Smart, the resonator behind the muffler has 2 1/8" joints. The factory pipes are all 2.25", but every joint/connection is smaller, about 2 1/8" due to the weld seams at each one. I had a 2.5" muffler and tailpipe made for my work truck(SOHC) about ten years ago, they crush bent all of the bends of course.

My tail pipe is garbage, its an aftermarket crush bent aluminized replacement. This time I'm getting the single exit mandrel bent stainless 2.5 with resonator delete. My Tail pipe is honestly my biggest restriction. The exhaust won't be perfect but I'm not building a drag car, just want something that's halfway decent for a reasonable cost.

Any chance you still have the factory take-offs (downpipes)? I have a Ranger V8 project and could use some.

Don't think so. I'd just grab the magnaflow front ones and call it a day. Just go custom back from there.

Any chance you still have the factory take-offs (downpipes)? I have a Ranger V8 project and could use some.

I've got mine. They're not the nicest though. Probably not worth shipping to you.

Back